• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active shooter at NAS Pensacola

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Send them home, I wouldn’t trust any of them in an aircraft.
I am no fan of the House of Saud, but I can’t paint all of them with that broad of a brush. I had some real dirtbags as students, but I also had some hardworking kids who came from a line of military aviators. The Saudi Navy seemed to have a lot more quality talent while the Air Force had more of the family connected shitheads.

I think any instructor would be well within their right to refuse to fly with the Saudi students for a bit, but at the end of the day they have to be treated as individuals too.

I mean, we went to war with the Japanese, Germans, and Italians in the not too distant past, and they train with us on the regular.

I’m thinking it would be smart to give them through the weekend to let things cool down and play out, then have instructors fly with them on a volunteer only basis...

Dontcallmegump

pilot
This will certainly add a new dimension to the ORM brief with those that still have to train & fly with these students. I hope the assholes, excuse me, “Terrorists” involved in observing and fucking FILMING the event are dealt with swiftly . . . .

That's the part that just seems bizarre, sure we've arrived at a day and age where everything gets filmed by the smart phone masses, but filming and active shooter seems to fly in the face of every instinct of self preservation.

This is all horrific but that's the part that sticks out to me. Just... why?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Apparently the 19 Saudi Nationals who crashed planes into buildings seems to have not had an impact in our thinking In terms of providing arms and training to that country.. another day, another discussion.

BT

from another forum:

the shooter had received his “pink sheet” after failing too many tests, and was dropped from flight training. He was due to be rotated back to KSA in the next several days. Hearsay is that he was not handling very well, being washed out of the program

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Pensacola Navy base shooting victim 'saved countless lives,' family says.

When reached by phone, Watson’s father, Benjamin, said his son was the officer on deck at the time of the shooting. Joshua Watson was shot at least five times, he said.
“Heavily wounded, he made his way out to flag down first responders and gave an accurate description of the shooter,” Benjamin Watson said. “He died serving his country.”
Benjamin Watson said his son reported to Pensacola two weeks ago for flight training. Joshua Watson was a rifle team captain. His dream was to be a Navy pilot.

Wow. Only been enjoying the A-pool life for two weeks before he was killed. Thankfully he was able to flag down responders and provide valuable information despite being shot 5 fucking times at close range.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
I'm also anxious for clarification on the Saudis who filmed the attack. Because in my mind there's a stark difference between someone who is posted up ahead of time filming the murders on purpose, and someone who starts recording while escaping to be used as evidence for authorities.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Sharing from a FB group for max coverage:
"Our command (NASC) needs as many students and military members we can muster in dress blues to line the streets tomorrow afternoon for the removal of our fallen from base. Looking at somewhere between 12-3pm. There is a meeting taking place to work out the details. the intent is to line either Murray road or Duncan road with as many service members as possible. I’ll update this post when I get word"

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Shooter hosted a dinner to watch videos of shootings. Guys he had over recorded the attack and/or watched from a car.

Prosecute these pieces of shit and send the rest home immediately.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None

Shooter hosted a dinner to watch videos of shootings. Guys he had over recorded the attack and/or watched from a car.

Ah so we have first degree murder, and three accessories to murder.

Fallonflyr

pilot

F that, send them straight to Gitmo.