• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-pool to Clean-up Oil

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Lighten up Frances.

Cut the guy some slack. If I was getting ready to start training and then got the "oh yeah go clean up BP's mess" I'd be upset as well. Then I'd get over it and do what I was asked. Anyway, I just think some of you are being a bit hard on the guy.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Tell anyone who is wondering why they are assisting to read the Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Sea Power; the Navy's official strategy. One of the core tennents is Humanitarian Assistance/Disaster Response.
Last time I checked, a big oil spill is a disaster; therefore according to the CNO we are involved.

That being said, a bitching sailor is a happy sailor!

That's far less of a raw deal than the guys from my squadron who got dicked over during the Haiti relief ops. Detting out of Jax meant no per diem for people who haven't even completed their homeport shift since my squadron is technically a Jax squadron now. People without a place to crash or a house in Jax ended up paying out of pocket to follow orders. Talk about a shit sandwich from the word go.

The Phiz

pilot
If I was getting ready to start training and then got the "oh yeah go clean up BP's mess" I'd be upset as well.

Right, cause I'm sure this is going cause API to cut class sizes. They can't just draw from the months and months of waiting ENS and 2LT's.

Class people up like normal, and while the Stashes wait, they can do some actual helpful work instead of shredding papers.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Im not saying it would or wouldnt cut class size or speed up or slow down training. Im saying cut the guy some slack. He joined the Navy to fly not clean up oil. So if hes a bit unhappy about doing a shitty job then give him some time to get over it without shitting all over him. How bout some leadership here like saying, yep it blows but it needs to be done, instead of calling him a Douche right off the bat. If anyone here got yanked out of their cockpit to clean up oil I'm sure there would be some wanking from winged guys as well. Some people here are quick to jump on a guy instead of "leading" him / her down the right path. Most stashed guys are young and havent been there and done that yet. Its up to some of the senior folks here to show them the way. If they get it, then great. But if they continue to be a douche, release the hounds.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Lighten up Frances.

Cut the guy some slack. If I was getting ready to start training and then got the "oh yeah go clean up BP's mess" I'd be upset as well. Then I'd get over it and do what I was asked. Anyway, I just think some of you are being a bit hard on the guy.

I'm sorry if a national emergency has interrupted someone's P'cola vacation and his chance to get stashed at the museum... Afterall folks in the fleet have sooo much time at home right now, what with longer deployments, surge requirements and IA's.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Cut the guy some slack...
Exactly ... that's what I was tryin' to accomplish w/ post # 26 .... let those amongst us who are 'perfect' and ALWAYS say the 'correct thing' cast the first stone ...

Anyone??? Anyone ..??? Any takers ???

Personally ... I'd be chapped if I had to go and 'clean up' ... but I'd do it, anyway. At least when I was 'pooled' in PCOLA, all we had to do was muster and run home to watch the SOAPs ...

Bevo16

pilot
I can vouch for the fact that the mood of officers having to clean up their flood damaged offices is about on par with 870express' views on cleaning up oil.

The "a bitching sailor is a happy sailor" deal was in full effect today. Nothing like walking around in piss/poop covered carpet to throw guard your serial numbers like it was nuclear launch codes to boost morale.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
At least when I was 'pooled' in PCOLA, all we had to do was muster and run home to watch the SOAPs ...

Again, this is the single most puzzling piece of A4s history. Mr. Manly ol' Stick-and-Rudder Attack Pilot used to be a Soap Opera addict...

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Exactly ... that's what I was tryin' to accomplish w/ post # 26 .... let those amongst us who are 'perfect' and ALWAYS say the 'correct thing' cast the first stone ...

Anyone??? Anyone ..??? Any takers ???

Personally ... I'd be chapped if I had to go and 'clean up' ... but I'd do it, anyway. At least when I was 'pooled' in PCOLA, all we had to do was muster and
run home to watch the SOAPs ...

So, this is when the Fighter Attack GuyS started getting their reputation, noted . . . :D

I also find it funny that you have to remove bold to emphasize A4s quotes . . .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Again, this is the single most puzzling piece of A4s history. Mr. Manly ol' Stick-and-Rudder Attack Pilot used to be a Soap Opera addict...
Naaaaaaaaahhhh ... not an 'addict' ... I just REALLY wanted to KNOW if Nurse Jessie's baby really WAS the spawn of Dr. Steve Hardy ... General Hospital even mixed 'Vietnam' into their hoary-story ... and while we all had our 'suspicions' ... they never told ...

n103985845320_8729.jpg

Any red-blooded American wannabe life-taker & heart-breaker would want to know that ... yea-as ???

What's that ??? Is the phone ringing ??? I guess 'they' want us to go muster again ... ??? :sleep_125

wrecklessfool

just slackin...
I can't help but notice how most--if not all--of the people who are giving this guy a hard time are already winged. Yeah, rewind a few years and put yourself back in the pool. Would you be a bit perturbed? You're damn right. It's all too easy for you guys to make judgement from afar when it's not you in the biohazard suit on the beach. Just my $.02. Let the flaming begin!!

magnetfreezer

I can't help but notice how most--if not all--of the people who are giving this guy a hard time are already winged. Yeah, rewind a few years and put yourself back in the pool. Would you be a bit perturbed? You're damn right. It's all too easy for you guys to make judgement from afar when it's not you in the biohazard suit on the beach. Just my $.02. Let the flaming begin!!

http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=18111 These guys might disagree. I'd also look at the guy working next to me who might be training to make 1/2 what I do scrubbing out aircraft fuel tanks 12 hours a day in a biohazard suit.

red_ryder

None
At least you'll have job satisfaction for once in A pool. What you should be doing is seeing if you can get on the payroll for your time as a BP contractor.

Then you could be getting that $15-30 frosting on top of your paycheck.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Yeah, having your paid vacation hindered by having to show up in the mornings to contribute a little to the greater good of the American public is rough. It's all too easy for you to say were picking on him for his terrific sense of self entitlement when you get to enjoy the same vacation. Re-read the responses, and look at the perspective everyone is trying to give to him. The bottom line is this will not be the last time this guy has to make a sacrifice for the greater good, nor will it be the hardest sacrifice he as to make.

His attitude about the whole thing sucked and needed a tune-up. Better he learn this early before he shows up in a ready room in the fleet acting like a spoiled child. Even before that, going through flight school- no one likes a self entitled whiner. Tolerance for that type of attitude amongst his IPs will be low.