• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A few System questions

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
If anyone knows the answers to these it would be greatly appreciated. I cant find them in the NATOPS, FTI, systems book, ect.

The Generator Out light turns on when the gen is offline. But where is the sensor located? The loadmeter shunt? The reset relay?

At what pressure does the AF fuel filter bypass at. What about the low pressure flter located with the engine driven fuel pump.

How many microns is the AF fuel filter. I remebr hearing somewhere it is a 3 micron filter. What about the low pressure filter?

Thanks
Joe

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is someone actually making you look those up or are you just that motivated? You're approaching HSL-levels of system nazism, if not already surpassing it. I'm just curious if these questions are the norm down there.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How many microns is the AF fuel filter. I remebr hearing somewhere it is a 3 micron filter. What about the low pressure filter

Say it with me:

WHO THE FVCK CARES

This kind of knowledge is nitnoid and useless. It's trivia. Tell me how knowing this would EVER help you in the aircraft in an emergency? Is this something that's permeated through the helo community? Pathetic.

Real knowledge, actual systems/EP knowledge, why aren't you tasked with that?

Disclaimer: I'm not sh!tting on you in any way, it's not your fault that the person asking you this has nothing better to do than to ask retarded, useless questions.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of nitnoid questions....here is one of my favorites.

Where is all the wood located in the T-34?

How about a tourque limitation of 955 ft-lbs....ever catch that one?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Where is all the wood located in the T-34?

I hated that question. Who cares. I don't care. It doesn't matter to me. Not one bit. Thank god I'm in Tacair...

How about a tourque limitation of 955 ft-lbs....ever catch that one?

It's an old limitation before they went to 1015.

SlickAg

pilot
FAM 5, I diagrammed the engine op limits; on-wing was like, um, how about 955 max continuous torque? I showed him my NATOPS, and he was like oh, yeah...old NATOPS.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone (my onwing) is making me look these up.

I swear... the people who do this have to be compensating for something... probably being sh-tty pilots.

In the end, being flight school, sometimes you just have to suck it up and know that it will all go away soon (unless you wind up in some clown shoe community that actually behaves like that).

edit - or not... maybe chopper dudes are like that.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why don't you roll into Maint Control and ask some maintainers?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well done.

Point being, you could probably find at least half of those answers in about 20 minutes in the shop.