• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

53s vs 60s

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
yeah I set a new personal record this past weekend (yes weekend) through the start and shutdown checklist 9 times for a 0.1 of 2k2

MasterBates

I did honestly 10-15 hours of ground turns (Defined as main engines on line, engaged or not) plus a good 5-10 more hours of strapped in doing other checks with external or APU online.

For 1.2 flight time.

S.O.B.

pilot
I did honestly 10-15 hours of ground turns (Defined as main engines on line, engaged or not) plus a good 5-10 more hours of strapped in doing other checks with external or APU online.

For 1.2 flight time.

I'm not SH!TING you, I have spent weeks on deck more then a few times trying to get 53s to SFF and another week getting them up.

MasterBates

I have too. Granted, that is the exception more than the rule with us. This last one was a Vibe nightmare, we had to bring in a techrep, and he did some vibe voodoo. The bird we were getting up has been rolled over TWICE so it tends to be a pain.

"Normal" FCF post-PMI or Depot is 1-2 weeks. Longer if you have wiring issues like the current PITA I am dealing with.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
yeah I set a new personal record this past weekend (yes weekend) through the start and shutdown checklist 9 times for a 0.1 of 2k2

Sounds familiar, although in the dual-piloted world, even a pickup into a hover and then land to shutdown is still a .2. Gotta love the limits of Nalcomis.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I'm not SH!TING you, I have spent weeks on deck more then a few times trying to get 53s to SFF and another week getting them up.

Ahhh...when I was first checking into HC-6 in 2003, they had just finished FCFing from Phase A to Phase B.