• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

Jbyrne89

Hey man, you never know! Keep your fingers crossed! Sorry to hear about JAG, but now you’re not stuck with it at least. My other option is NUPOC, probably SSBN subs. They’ve wanted me since I first stepped into the recruiting office. I’ve heard some negative things online about sub life, but also plenty of positives, and it has good career opportunities. So I guess it’s all about perspective.

Totally! Not being stuck with it is exactly my attitude! Todays the day...... Crazy to know that by EOB they'll have likely made decisions haha...

Jbyrne89

your advanced degree will help with SWO, if you have good ASTB scores that is the big one for NFO

Many people try for JAG, they are often the most restrictive of all communities, we had a few candidates during my time, I believe the NRD had one pickup in 3 years? The JAG guy that came up that we shuttled to a few presentations was quite blunt, if you don't have a 3.5 or higher don't bother applying, he said on the board he had just sat the ones they picked had near perfect GPA's.

Yeah, JAG is extremely competitive. I actually know a guy who was an Olympic rower from a second tier law school (I went to a third tier night school) that was turned down - he's now an Army JAG. Apparently because of a mix of my average GPA and law school's fairly low ranking my application packet wasn't even looked at haha (even though I did the internship).

I didn't post my stats on this thread so here we go...

GPA: about 3.0 (combined undergrad and law school - law school grades are much higher than the college grades)
OAR/ASTB: 47 6-7-6
LORs: O6 (Navy - retired), O5 (USMC - laws of armed conflicts professor/thesis supervisor/mentor), O3 (Navy - supervisor in JAG internship), and a Congressman (Don't know the congressman well but his chief of staff was a regular of mine when I was a bartender in law school).
Experience/other stuff: currently working at a law firm doing insurance litigation and bartending on the side. During law school worked for District Attorney in my city, did Navy JAGC internship, wrote a thesis on international law/laws of war, played rugby, and held various leadership positions in student government. During college was a live-in volunteer fire fighter for two years and played ice hockey for the other two years.

I can't remember if the recruiter I'm working with put NFO or SWO as my first choice but I would be thrilled with either haha

Best of luck to everyone today!!!!

alezale

Totally! Not being stuck with it is exactly my attitude! Todays the day...... Crazy to know that by EOB they'll have likely made decisions haha...
Is this getting reviewed on PST or EST or CST? I would just like to emotionally accept that they may have started.