• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 Days to Go, What would you be doing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenaline Rush

How much instruction will they give us on climbing ropes?? For the initial PFT how physically and mentally drained are you..Ive heard you lose at least a minute on your run there, any truth to it?? I also heard they are sticklers for form on pullups, what happens to candidates who only get credit for a few pullups, do they try again??

"And on the 8th day the Marines took over the globe and have been runnin it ever since"

charger

In my class they would not let us wear the black boots, only the new tan ones. But on the ocs website site it now says to bring a pair. As for the ropes it's all about using your feet correctly, they teach you 3 or 4 methods. Some people had a lot of trouble getting it, and they do offer remideal PT during the first hour or two of liberty where they just work on rope climbing. We had our intial pft the afternoon before pick up day. Really not too bad except some people's arms were a little sore from the shots. If you score less then 225 you will be placed on company prohbation. We did have one candidate who only did 3 pullups on the intial and got sent home.

farkle84

pull ups you have to completely lock your arms out straight and then go back up. no kipping or swinging your legs. but as for your run time. i went into OCS with a 21:00 min 3 mile and at the end i ran it in 19:30. so did a lot of other people, you will hopefully drop time. for the initial PFT, you are pretty drained, but you will be more drain later in training. 3rd week before liberty was the kicker for our Platoon. liberty was a life saver. but i dont think you should run any different at your first PFT. we had a candidate score a 215 on the PFT, he was pretty bad, something like 3 pull ups, 65 situps and i dont know what his three mile was. just give it your all. the staff wants to see you try your hardest even if you do get yelled at. dont worry about it, happens to everyone, if you dont get yelled at at OCS that is amazing. good luck

Adrenaline Rush

excellent info once again farkle...My OSO tells me libo is after the second week but I keep tellin him I heard it was the third week!! Shoot I cant even think that far ahead so i guess it doesnt even matter!!!!

"And on the 8th day the Marines took over the globe and have been runnin it ever since"

farkle84

it is after the second week for the PLC juniors and seniors. for PLC combined and OCC candidates, it is after the third week.

Jeremy

hahahah I love this thread...reminds me of when I was in boot camp at MCRD san diego...I can't wait for OCS...the Plt Commanders are going to eat me alive hahahha...I can hear it already "so you were an enlisted sergeant huh? think you're better than us now huh?" hahhaa funny ****...I want to just add in here...don't stress bro. There is nothing that you can't do at OCS or Bootcamp. In fact, if anything, it is good you are running. MARINES LOVE TO RUN...and officers have to lead the way so you run a ****LOAD ;-) ...enjoy...hopefully I'll be there next year if I get my flight package in.

Semper Fi,
-J

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thought I'd bump this for those that would like to read it or add something else in.

Is it really after the second week we get liberty (for Jrs)? I thought it was the third all along. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.