• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 Days to Go, What would you be doing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Q-town = Quantico? I'm guessing.

- Quote on being selected for an OCS spot -
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

squatrrs

What did you actually pack when you left for OCS?
Did you bring insoles to put in your boots?
Did you bring foot powder and moleskin?
How many sets of clothes?
Flips flops/shower shoes?

I could keep going, but I think you guys get the picture. This is a great thread and I appreciate everyone taking the time to answer our questions.

farkle84

i had a sea bag, much easier to carry. pack another set of civilian clothing. i already had insoles in my boots and would run in the them to get them in good form to my feet. i brought footpowder and moleskin, because it will be maybe two weeks before you can go to the PS to get supplies. brought my two sets of boots and if i were you i would consider purchasing PT boots. much more comfortable on humps and long runs. you dont need to by shower shoes because you will by them there, its party of many things you will buy. i would also buy a good permanant marker that will not come out on clothes. 1 inch tape. not the thicker athletic tape. bring stamps if you want to write to anybody. cell phone if you want to. i would not bring anything of great importnance because when you get your Sgt Instructors and Plt Sgt and Plt Cdr. you will end up dropping all your trash on the deck anyways. so you dont want to lose something valuable. dont stress too much. you ll learn quickly and if you dont then you wont like it and more than likely DOR or get kicked out. if i were you all take the three to five days prior to OCS and relax, not PT, just relax, your body will need it.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Being the civilian I am, I'm going to ask some stupid questions. First, I thought on the official OCS website there was something flashing across the screen about not bringing Cell phones cause they are contraband. Anyone? If I'm going to be throwin my cell phone all over the deck, then I prolly dont need to take it. It's pretty nice. Secondly, where do you put all of this stuff that you advise to bring? Will it go in the wall locker or foot locker or something? They dont care if you have footpowder and all that stuff? Just some stupid questions I had to get out. Thanks. Holla.

- Quote on being selected for an OCS spot -
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

rezfletch

I also had the question of whether or not cell phones were allowed. I do not want to get down there and then get booted for an integrity violation or get noticed right away for not adhering to the rules. Anyone with prior experience, please respond.

farkle84

ok, where to put all that stuff, yes you have wall lockers and footlockers and not everything fits so then you place all the trash you dont really need into at storage room in another bag. cell phones, i personally didnt bring one, which sucks, but a lot of my fellow candidates did and the Sgt Instructors just told them to give them all contraband and other trash and they will hold it for them until libo. no that was my Platoon. but i dont know about others. however i did see an awful lot of candidates with their cell phones. so i guess its up to you. another thing you can do is have your parents or someone mail it to you. as soon as you open the package it will be taken away from you but again you will get it back at libo as long as you properly ask for it back and get passed your Plt Staff.

Adrenaline Rush

great gouge farkle!! What about soaking my feet before going?? anyone do that?? and how critical is it that I show up with boots that are already broken in, considering they have new ones that are supposedly easier to break in?? I have a pair but I was so gung ho when I bought them, I didnt realize they were too big, took off a nice piece of skin on my heels, i definitely dont want to bring those to OCS..Is it necessary to get a cheap pair with 3 weeks till ship time??

"And on the 8th day the Marines took over the globe and have been runnin it ever since"

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
two years ago we got our boots from our oso well ahead of time in order to train in them and break them in.. the whole boot issue has possibly changed now.. your oso will/should take care of that unless you get them when you get there, which would suck.. as far as foot powder and mole skin.. you'll get that when you get there. you will pick up all your supplies on day two or three.. before you have to pt. again your oso should have you well prepared and will be able to answer all your questions.. i understand the occasional oso either sucks or is too busy.. so you be the judge as to if they are helping you as much as you think they should.. just don't bother the $hit out of them because they have a tough job..

take the cell phone and let your instructor staff know you have it and you won't get in any trouble..

charger

You don't need to bring boots with you, and if you do the staff won't let you where them. they will just be stored with your civilian gear.

squatrrs

They are encouraging you to bring black boots that have been broken in to wear out in the field and for PT. This was just updated yesterday on the OCS website.

farkle84

you have to bring two pairs of boots that your OSO shouldve given to you to OCS. otherwise you will get your but chewed and have to buy a pair when you go to get uniforms. plus your feet will be screwed because you will not have them broken in. so you better ask your OSO to give you a pair of jungles and a pair of leathers or heavier gore tex boots for winter, i forgot what they are called. trust me, bring boots. do not listen to Charger.

Adrenaline Rush

damn ok,,,what type of insoles are best to buy??

"And on the 8th day the Marines took over the globe and have been runnin it ever since"

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
I talked to a sports medicine doctor and he said Spenco are pretty good. That's what he recommended. I'd bring two, one for your running shoes and another to switch between your jungles and ICB's.

wanaBpilot

Pro Rec'd NFO
wow, amazing gouge guys, definately got some questions lined up for my oso. I ship out July 6 for PLC juniors, been running 3-4 miles about every other day, should I be doing more? Also, anyone who had been to OCS, how fast and rigorous are the PT runs?

-Every Challenge Could Have Paradise Behind It-

farkle84

pt runs are actually nice. somes hills and lots of cycle runs. if you are running 3-4 miles a day then you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.