• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 Days to Go, What would you be doing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Also, by all means do NOT pack everything in a suit case. The best thing to pack is a sea bag. go to a surplus store and you should be able to purchase one for cheap. They are nice because you can throw everything on your back, and use your arms to carry the small and large bag issue items they give you.

psrogers

Intel Officer
So when your get liberty at OCS, are you only allowed to go out in certain clothes, like slacks with creases and other semi-formal wear?

SGorski

The baggies are very useful when in the mud and when it's raining. Keeps notes and things dry. Put your ink sticks, tape and little items in a bag too. Zip locks are a life saver. Also..bring rubberbands....wrap them around your socks, the binder they give you,(this stops it from flying open when they shake every personal belonging of yours on the parade deck...as previously stated.) and anything else that is basically loose.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
rogers- yes, you must look like a squared away candidate with a collared shirt and sharp creases in your trousers at all times. I'm sure some candidates changed into shorts or something off base, but to me it wasn't worth packing the extra weight... All I did was go to a hotel and sleep, anyways.

charger

there are a few things that you might want to bring with you as well. White tape, just one inch hockey or althletic tape will work fine but bring a bunch of rolls you will go through it like crazy and you will loose it. And lots of black markers cause you will loose those too. the faster you can get your trash squared away the better off you are. I would put everything in zip lock bags even double bag it. Cause you will have the sea bag drag across the parade deck. Then that first night and every night for the first few weeks in our platoon at least you will have the dump your foot locker right now dump your wall locker right now now everyone in the head ok back on line right now. A few times of 60 candadites running back and forth across the squad bay and your trash will be scattered everywhere. Zip lock bags are the key. Other then that just try to relax before you go. There is no need to burn yourself out before you even get there.

Adrenaline Rush

how bout piggin out on food on liberty?? im sick of eatin chicken breasts (i know i keep saying that) my fav. food is pizza by far, havent had that in 3 months, id like to get some of that on liberty,,frogfly has already let me know that pizza is waiting at the barracks when liberty starts, that is just awesome to me!! oh yea how often is liberty usually?

"And on the 8th day the Marines took over the globe and have been runnin it ever since"

farkle84

you can eat whatever you want on liberty. go to potomac mills and they have great breakfast chow. but liberty is every weekend after three weeks. for the first three weeks you are at OCS. oh yeah, dont get on any kind of probation or restrictions which dont allow you to go on liberty. dont be a nasty candidate.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Frill stuff, you know; iron, favorite boots (at least when I went through -- they wear the brown suede ones now right?), new socks (a blessing about half way through), that electric razor mentioned above, walkman (liberty), whatever you don't need for the first couple of weeks -- that would lighten your load and could be shipped later.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Pizza is over by the chow hall where you'll stand and wait forever for a cab to show up. Pizza and Gatorade.... Liberty will be from about 1600 Saturday to about 1300 or so on Sunday. Be ready for inspection upon the securing of liberty.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
How far away from Quantico are you allowed to go on liberty? Is DC within bounds? How hard is it to get to DC from Quantico during the 20 hours or so they give you for liberty?

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
you really won't care about going to dc while you are there.. for the first three weeks we would plan on going all week long until the weekend got there and we'd be beat and just get some good food and hang out in the hotel. you don't really get too much time on liberty either.. usually 24 hours or a little less. you'll get a good chance to site see after you graduate.

farkle84

i wouldnt worry about dc. what we did every weekend usually was either rent a hotel room at potomac mills or just stay in the barracks and during the day go get some chow at p mills or q-town. if you want free chow you can eat at the chow hall.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
My girlfriend is going to be in DC next year. That's why I asked about DC.

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Damn, I need to find you so I can hitch a ride and skip all that cab mess! J/K, you'll want to spend that time with your girlfriend for sure.

farkle84

save some time and have her pick you up when you are going on libo. taxi cabs and the train take a bit longer

Status
Not open for further replies.