• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

Hoytshooter724

Memorial Day is also a federal holiday... so if we don't hear anything today/tomorrow, it'll be radio silence until Tuesday :eek:
Unfortunately, we prob won't hear anything till next week. Memorial day weekend is usually a 96 plus there is usually a safety standing the day before. Everyone will be busy till Wednesday at the earliest.

Navy2007

SWO select. 07 JUL 2019 OCS class
Unfortunately, we prob won't hear anything till next week. Memorial day weekend is usually a 96 plus there is usually a safety standing the day before. Everyone will be busy till Wednesday at the earliest.
Hey man your pic looks like you are at NAS Whidbey. That was my last duty station!

exNavyOffRec

I just called my recruiter's office and was told that the board was postponed until after the holiday and will meet on Tuesday. Did anyone else hear this?
could be correct, doesn't surprise me as you must remember that the board dates are set almost a year in advance so peoples schedules change, the date is just an estimate.

Navy2007

SWO select. 07 JUL 2019 OCS class
I just spoke to my recruiter. He informs me that the board has NOT been moved to next week. He called Millington and “it began yesterday and will complete tomorrow. Results will be posted within a week to a week and a half from tomorrow.”

Jmoss49

I just spoke to my recruiter. He informs me that the board has NOT been moved to next week. He called Millington and “it began yesterday and will complete tomorrow. Results will be posted within a week to a week and a half from tomorrow.”
Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

I would ask who he spoke to, a processor or the Director of OCS accessions? I ask this because when someone calls NRC and they ask the processors do you know what they do? They look at the same board sheet RUFIO posted. There is a board thread from years ago on here where the same thing happened, a person posted their recruiter had called NRC and they said the board was in process and almost done, however the board in fact never started, the reason? The senior board member was at my NRD doing a command visit.

The same thing happened with a Supply board, recruiters had "called" NRC and they were told the board was in process, in fact a week later they cancelled the board.

If your recruiter says they talked to the PM or better the Director, then the info is probably good, just remember that a processor at NRC is one of the lowest paid people, not saying they don't do important work but they are not involved in the decision making or meeting that let most everyone know what is going on.

FYI, if your recruiter is not at least a CPO I doubt they are talking to the PM or Director.

Edit: the started yesterday and ending tomorrow is a reasonable time for a board, most of the time it only takes one day the rest is spent putting the selections in a proper document for the senior member to sign.