• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

Jmoss49

AQ for those that got in for the early board that took place in April?
Doesn't make sense because that's a separate board. How are people AQ for this specific board?
Some People who submitted for this board had scores high enough to be eligible for AQ so they had a smaller board earlier in April to reduce the numbers for this specific board

Some People who submitted for this board had scores high enough to be eligible for AQ so they had a smaller board earlier in April to reduce the numbers for this specific board
Oh... so they're the ones hearing back today if they got in because its part of the same board...
I got you, thanks.

Jamie_D

AQ for those that got in for the early board that took place in April?
Doesn't make sense because that's a separate board. How are people AQ for this specific board?
Auto qual is a status you reach with a certain ASTB score. It is not board specific. If you are applying and you have those scores, you are an auto qual. The April board was a quick board to select from the auto qual candidates applying for the regular board. There are still auto qual candidates for the original board. The board uses it as a guide more than anything else. Even with AQ, you're not guaranteed anything. It's just something for them to see when reviewing applications.

agriz33

Oh... so they're the ones hearing back today if they got in because its part of the same board...
I got you, thanks.

It was a combination of scores/gpa and a willingness to go to OCS soon. I was AQ and willing to leave but I'm still waiting for FINSEL since they need my transcripts after graduation. I'm probably looking at Jul 1 OCS date.

Matty Morocco

If someone could humor me for a moment.. Since the ASTB is such a large influence, if not the complete determinant for someone to get a slot, why not just save everyone the time and have us just submit our app with our “Name” and “ASTB” scores?
Humor me for a moment. Imagine if all you had to do was walk up, take a three hour test, and then join the Navy. Then think about all the work you put in to just apply for the board. You had to graduate college (for some no easy feat), seek out an OR, study for and take the ASTB, fill out the SF-86, go to MEPS, wait for results, find out you need more stuff, go back to MEPS. Some of us even interviewed with pilots to "build our package". The process for many took months, for some, years. The Navy doesn't want to bring a bunch of people to OCS and weed them out there. They want qualified and determined candidates who will pass before they even get to OCS. That's the whole point of this whole process.

Mckegger

pilot
Humor me for a moment. Imagine if all you had to do was walk up, take a three hour test, and then join the Navy. Then think about all the work you put in to just apply for the board. You had to graduate college (for some no easy feat), seek out an OR, study for and take the ASTB, fill out the SF-86, go to MEPS, wait for results, find out you need more stuff, go back to MEPS. Some of us even interviewed with pilots to "build our package". The process for many took months, for some, years. The Navy doesn't want to bring a bunch of people to OCS and weed them out there. They want qualified and determined candidates who will pass before they even get to OCS. That's the whole point of this whole process.
I understand that. It's just been my impression from some in this thread, as well as many others, who've expressed that the ASTB means a hell of a lot more than the rest of your application. That's the only reason why i bring it up..

jnaylor

My OR has been dealing with a family emergency so he has been MIA; so I tried calling the office to see if I could get any update and no one answered the phone. Not sure exactly how I will find out (good or bad) if I can’t get ahold of anyone.

andrewt

I was hoping autoquals might hear back today but looks like thats not the case. Nothing from the civvies or the prior service guys. Might be waiting a while like the SWO guys...