• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 August, September, October, etc. OCS Boards

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Its also not an automatic promotion (the way Ens > JG > Lt is). You screen for O-4.

MasterBates

Even before they started mucking with the Year Groups, you were looking at a minimum of 10 years post commission to even come in zone for LCDR, and another year-18 months past the board to actually put it on.

LCDR is in the 10-12 years post OCS/ROTC/USNA graduation window for most URL. RL and Staff play by slightly different rules, but it's similar.

MasterBates

It varies. And at this stage of the game, you should not really be concerned with it. Because the rules and grouping will change 4 times or more before you are eligible. Just know that the LCDR in 5 years is not going to happen for URL and RL. MAYBE for Med Corps types with a needed specialty and non-school experience.

MGoBrew11

pilot
This is the first time I've read this thread. I feel really dumb for not checking it sooner. I saw that a couple of people said that their ORs said the all-clear was given to submit packages for the August board, but the last time I talked to the OPO in my NRD (Thursday June 9th) she said that they had still not been given permission to submit packages for the August board. I plan on giving them a call tomorrow (Monday) to see if anything has changed.

My package is ready to be submitted, but is staying at my OR's office because of the "suspension." I've never gotten a single call or email from my OR or processor with an update of the situation, even if there was no update (it would be great if they would just call me to let me know nothing has changed). I have to call them every week just to see if anything has changed. I know I'm not the only person they are working with, and that they are very busy as well, so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. But when I read on these forums that people are submitting their packages and quoting emails from their ORs, I can't help but feel like there's something going on with the people I'm working with.

Sorry if that was inappropriate. I'm just wondering if there are other people in similar situations, where they haven't been able to submit yet.

My OR is in Pensacola, FL, and my NRD is New Orleans, by the way. If anyone was curious. Good luck to those who are in the August board for sure!

I would not worry about it. You are not alone. I talk to my NRD very infrequently and they never update me on anything (my current city is also New Orleans but my NRD is back home in Michigan). I have to call them and bug them to get information. I said the other day that they told me they would submit my application again, not that they had already done so. It may be entirely accurate that they can't submit quite yet, who knows. I would just stay on them and make sure that when July 25 comes around (the supposed deadline) your application has been submitted.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
I spoke with an OR this morning who told me that August boards (at least for SNA) are a no go for now, but that it is possible they could come back (but did not sound confident about that). I really hope he is wrong and that this is just conjecture, but I wanted to see if anyone else has heard this. Maybe he just (hopefully incorrectly) took CNRC telling his NRD to hold off on sending the packages in for now (as others in this thread have stated) as meaning they cancelled the boards?

GreenLantern330

I spoke with an OR this morning who told me that August boards (at least for SNA) are a no go for now, but that it is possible they could come back (but did not sound confident about that). I really hope he is wrong and that this is just conjecture, but I wanted to see if anyone else has heard this. Maybe he just (hopefully incorrectly) took CNRC telling his NRD to hold off on sending the packages in for now (as others in this thread have stated) as meaning they cancelled the boards?

Let the board cancellation rumors and panic commence!

Lucy

I think that would be a record since the new board schedule for FY11 hasn't even been out a month!

If it matters, as of this morning, both my OR and one of the processors at Millington say the August boards are still going to happen.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
I think that would be a record since the new board schedule for FY11 hasn't even been out a month!

If it matters, as of this morning, both my OR and one of the processors at Millington say the August boards are still going to happen.

Glad to hear that. I would tend to believe a processor at CNRC should know whats actually happening more than the OR I spoke to. I just figured it would be worth stating what I was told here to make sure no one else was hearing the same. Seems like I get a different response every time I speak to a different recruiter, almost no matter the question. Think I finally found the OR I am going to work with though (not who told me the boards were canned), and hopefully get my package ready in time for August boards.

I would think it's still going to happen. If anything, just the amount of time that has passed since the last one (was it in November?) would be enough to convince me. They can't just keep cancelling boards one after the other for years on end. That would really screw up the recruiting flow, in my opinion...

My God. Yea, let's hope that is just a rumor. My recruiter has always been pretty on top of things and I have yet to hear about a cancellation as well. He also mentioned that they wouldn't even let them submit anything till about mid-June anyways so if your recruiter did hear that he was supposed to hold off then it would make sense as we are just about to get into "Mid-June".

Edit:

By the way, when will the results release assuming the board meets? First week of September?

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
I would think it's still going to happen. If anything, just the amount of time that has passed since the last one (was it in November?) would be enough to convince me. They can't just keep cancelling boards one after the other for years on end. That would really screw up the recruiting flow, in my opinion...

You have to keep in mind that the primary sources of officers for the Navy are the Academy and ROTC, though. Add to that the budget issues and potential for downsizing, and the Navy is probably being very cautious about their numbers right now.

@fattestfoot: That's right, I forgot about that. Since graduations have just gotten over in the last month or so, that definitely puts a big lull in everything.