• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Mike D.

Contributor
Random subject change since y'all like page counts and gaming...has anybody tried VR in MSFS2020? I bought a Reverb G2 and the sweet spot is so incredibly small that I had to return it. Looking for recommendations for headsets.

BDavis11

Contributor
If you are a prior service with any service connected disability. You might be able to swindle VOC rehab in to paying for it. I used the GI bill and it covered both my bachelors and my licenses.
Shit hopefully I can cover my masters and the licensed the

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
Random subject change since y'all like page counts and gaming...has anybody tried VR in MSFS2020? I bought a Reverb G2 and the sweet spot is so incredibly small that I had to return it. Looking for recommendations for headsets.
I haven't tried VR in MSFS but I do VR in DCS. Reverb G2 field-of-fov isn't the biggest but clarity is considered very good for reading gauges on the dash. What's the sweet spot issue?

GoldLeaf

Just gonna say I was browsing the August or May board and they found out their results in around page 50-70 ?

Mike D.

Contributor
I haven't tried VR in MSFS but I do VR in DCS. Reverb G2 field-of-fov isn't the biggest but clarity is considered very good for reading gauges on the dash. What's the sweet spot issue?
So in Windows Mixed Reality, or in the cockpit of any plane, I can only read clearly like one word. And on that headset, I mean CRYSTAL clear. The other words are out of focus. I've messed with the IPD, all kinds of settings on pc, and fitment of the headset itself. I just could not get a clear image outside of the sweet spot. Many other people have had the issue as well...running on a 3070 with a 3600x. I feel like my eyes are just set in my head more than others idk lol

flatspinturkeyb

So in Windows Mixed Reality, or in the cockpit of any plane, I can only read clearly like one word. And on that headset, I mean CRYSTAL clear. The other words are out of focus. I've messed with the IPD, all kinds of settings on pc, and fitment of the headset itself. I just could not get a clear image outside of the sweet spot. Many other people have had the issue as well...running on a 3070 with a 3600x. I feel like my eyes are just set in my head more than others idk lol
Well there's your problem.

Mike D.

Contributor
IF you're gonna be demanding such performance you're gonna need a helium-cooled 3090Ti super and 5950xt @6.0GHz
If only money grew on trees lol. It's plenty of power to be running 1080p lol. I am not asking it to run at 4k...

Others don't have the tiny sweet spot issue with lesser GPUs and CPUs.

Side note: I went to my local computer store and they have a 3080ti in stock. Selling it for 2200 lol prices are just insane.

flatspinturkeyb

If only money grew on trees lol. It's plenty of power to be running 1080p lol. I am not asking it to run at 4k...

Others don't have the tiny sweet spot issue with lesser GPUs and CPUs.

Side note: I went to my local computer store and they have a 3080ti in stock. Selling it for 2200 lol prices are just insane.
OK but jokes aside your CPU and GPU are not matched. You need to either upgrade your CPU or downgrade your GPU to get parity. 3060 and 3600x or 3070 and 3700x. Cmon man.