• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

So my recruiter told me today after my package was submitted a couple of days ago (SNA) that he was advised that I "do not meet accession standards for pilot". At MEPS on the vision testing, if i remember correctly I was 20/15 both eyes near sighted, 20/30 left eye far sighted, 20/50 right eye far sighted. Perfect depth perception and color. This was also the first vision test that I have ever done that my eyesight was deemed to be abnormal in any way. The person performing my vision test also had never done one before and was shown how to do it with me as the example and even the top lines were blurry in some of the tests. I was told that it was a non-issue as it was "correctable to 20-20". If my vision has actually deteriorated I would say its safe to assume that eye strain from driving to MEPS without sunglasses and then staring at a screen filling out my SF86 so I could get fingerprinted until roughly 2300 the night before also did not help.

Anyone who knows what this process could look like moving forward let me know. My recruiter said he is looking into it but have not heard back.

exNavyOffRec

So my recruiter told me today after my package was submitted a couple of days ago (SNA) that he was advised that I "do not meet accession standards for pilot". At MEPS on the vision testing, if i remember correctly I was 20/15 both eyes near sighted, 20/30 left eye far sighted, 20/50 right eye far sighted. Perfect depth perception and color. This was also the first vision test that I have ever done that my eyesight was deemed to be abnormal in any way. The person performing my vision test also had never done one before and was shown how to do it with me as the example and even the top lines were blurry in some of the tests. I was told that it was a non-issue as it was "correctable to 20-20". If my vision has actually deteriorated I would say its safe to assume that eye strain from driving to MEPS without sunglasses and then staring at a screen filling out my SF86 so I could get fingerprinted until roughly 2300 the night before also did not help.

Anyone who knows what this process could look like moving forward let me know. My recruiter said he is looking into it but have not heard back.
First thing I would do is go get a vision test from a civilian, if they say you are 20/50 in your right eye then you have decisions to make.

If you are 20/20 then take that to your recruiter and see what he can do.

MEPS is mainly about processing enlisted and so the big thing is correctable to 20/20 and for 99% of people it is so that is why the guy said what he said, for SNA it has to be correctable to 20/20 and the worse eye can be no worse than 20/40 uncorrected I believe.

KSchik11

Hey everyone, first time applicant here!

Been lurking the boards for a while, but figured I would say hey. I'm 27 going on 28, working full time for the DoD as a civilian right now. I'm looking forward to going through this board process with y'all!

OAR: 68
ASTB: 9/8/8
BS Aerospace Engineering
GPA: 3.95

Good luck everyone and here's hoping for good results for everyone in this group!

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
Hey everyone, first time applicant here!

Been lurking the boards for a while, but figured I would say hey. I'm 27 going on 28, working full time for the DoD as a civilian right now. I'm looking forward to going through this board process with y'all!

OAR: 68
ASTB: 9/8/8
BS Aerospace Engineering
GPA: 3.95

Good luck everyone and here's hoping for good results for everyone in this group!
68-8-8. Almost nice