• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Skylanepilot1981

Someone said if you reject a pro-rec-Y from any board chances of you being picked up for anything are slim. Hope that's not the case for you!
I added an interview with an AD 0-6 with an official interview sheet so hopefully that helps and that’s not a letter of recommendation either

BB Poison

Contributor
I denied it, learn from your mistakes and do not apply for something you don’t want. Long story short, I put down both to be competitive but it backfired and I was the only applicant who chose both options. My recruiter and I were so confused when I got picked for NFO because my PFAR is better than my FOFAR.

I just sent an email to my recruiter saying I was denying the NFO selection

Currently regretting submitting for NFO and hoping I get pro-rec N if I don’t get picked for SNA ?

BDavis11

Contributor
Currently regretting submitting for NFO and hoping I get pro-rec N if I don’t get picked for SNA ?
See for me (lil old AD) yes I want to be a pilot. However for me I don’t want to stay enlisted so I’ll take either option. I couldn’t imagine only putting in SNA with all this news of “cutbacks” for spots going on. My scores are ehhh and I only have one more shot to improve them. So if I get nfo hey it’s still a win

BB Poison

Contributor
See for me (lil old AD) yes I want to be a pilot. However for me I don’t want to stay enlisted so I’ll take either option. I couldn’t imagine only putting in SNA with all this news of “cutbacks” for spots going on. My scores are ehhh and I only have one more shot to improve them. So if I get nfo hey it’s still a win

That was my mindset when I was applying, my job situation was less than stellar so I was willing to take NFO just to be in a plane and get in ASAP. Now I have a great job so I’m not in any rush, but I have to worry about getting picked up for NFO and hurting my chances for SNA if I decline…

Skylanepilot1981

170 without an instrument ???
Also that many hours and they picked NFO. Baffles me.
I was going to take my checkride had to cancel twice due to weather and college ?

I was the only person who applied as both SNA NFO on the august. Believe my recruiter was confused when the results came out

GoldLeaf

I was going to take my checkride had to cancel twice due to weather and college ?

I was the only person who applied as both SNA NFO on the august. Believe my recruiter was confused when the results came out
ahhahahah I would be too, however my recruiter did say if you put NFO at all with a good packet for SNA (High PFAR and FOFAR, Hours, Rating, etc.) they will likely grab you up for NFO because they have to diversify it. Also, talked with my GF father (retired Naval Pilot) said they do that at the end of primary sometimes also. Example: just because you're top 10 in your class the can't send all 10 to jets. Otherwise long term jets will be super good and all the other platforms with be average or below, I'm assuming same concept with selections.