• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15OCT23 OCS Class

FlyingGamecock

Selected SNA for this OCS class.

Does anybody happen to know what deferring your OCS class date would look like? I’ve been rehabbing a low back issue and may need some more time to get healthier.
Definitely wondering the same thing. Except I need to get into some better shape and wrap up some things in my personal life. I’d imagine it’s not a problem. I’m calling my recruiter tomorrow to ask

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Definitely wondering the same thing. Except I need to get into some better shape and wrap up some things in my personal life. I’d imagine it’s not a problem. I’m calling my recruiter tomorrow to ask
Yeah, just get into contact with Paul Celestin for AD or your recruiter for civilians and communicate those things. It's going to be a better idea to go healthy instead of hoping you get healthy while you're there.

Andrew_franny

Yeah, just get into contact with Paul Celestin for AD or your recruiter for civilians and communicate those things. It's going to be a better idea to go healthy instead of hoping you get healthy while you're there.
will do, i appreciate the feedback ??

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I wouldn’t stress bro, if you’re hitting the minimums now you’ll be totally fine by next month, just put out and don’t sandbag. We will all push each other to do better
I wanna second that. I would guess almost everyone wants to be better shape before OCS but that’s just part of it. We get the fortune of starting our careers sooner rather than later. Glad to have you coming with us.

WaterDawg

Yessir! Believe me I wish my run was better than it is and I thought I’d have more time to prepare but I’m just going to do my best and put put.

Also, if y’all haven’t already join our discord server, there’s a good mixture of designators in here

mcwisconsin

Just got off the phone with my recruiter, he said I can’t change my OCS date. So looks like I’ll be going the 15th.

See y’all in H company the first week lol
I’m also trying to get it pushed back, but oh well. My recruiter said it’s very unlikely for me. There are numerous reports of people getting their OCS dates pushed back for personal reasons (not school related) on airwarriors and Reddit.

FlyingGamecock

Yea
I’m also trying to get it pushed back, but oh well. My recruiter said it’s very unlikely for me. There are numerous reports of people getting their OCS dates pushed back for personal reasons (not school related) on airwarriors and Reddit.
Yeah I was a little surprised I couldn’t get it pushed back. I wanted more time to get fit and wrap up some things in my personal life.

Girlfriend and I of two years moved in together 4 weeks ago and now I gotta tell her that I’m leaving so soon. It’s gonna be a rough conversation for both of us.

Welcome to the Navy I guess lol

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Yea

Yeah I was a little surprised I couldn’t get it pushed back. I wanted more time to get fit and wrap up some things in my personal life.

Girlfriend and I of two years moved in together 4 weeks ago and now I gotta tell her that I’m leaving so soon. It’s gonna be a rough conversation for both of us.

Just had the conversation she actually found out through a friend which didn’t help on my end at all… tell her before she finds out from someone else

FlyingGamecock

Just had the conversation she actually found out through a friend which didn’t help on my end at all… tell her before she finds out from someone else
Damn that’s rough. Are y’all planning on staying together? I think my girlfriend and I want different things in life (like how I want to move around and she wants to stay close to family).

It sucks because otherwise we’re very very good together

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Damn that’s rough. Are y’all planning on staying together? I think my girlfriend and I want different things in life (like how I want to move around and she wants to stay close to family).

It sucks because otherwise we’re very very good together

Think about it this way it’s 3-4 months with no contact and then just like having a normal job afterwards except for deployments…

FlyingGamecock

Think about it this way it’s 3-4 months with no contact and then just like having a normal job afterwards except for deployments…
Yeah that’s how I see it. I’d love for her to come along and join me on this adventure, but I don’t think she likes the whole Navy life. Especially down the road when starting a family.

My dad did 20 years in the Navy, so I’m familiar with the military life. But I understand her point of view. Traveling around every couple years and having your significant other be gone for months at a time doing a relatively dangerous job compared to a normal office job isn’t for everyone.

But enough of the pity party, I’m still hyped to have this opportunity! It’s gonna be a wild ride

Teshauna

Yea

Whew I hope she’s supportive. My partner was not. This is a huge opportunity for you both!