• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15OCT23 OCS Class

flight_hero

Are any of y'all going to the Airshow at NAS Oceana on the 16th &17th? I figure it'll be the last time to see the Blue Angels before we ship!

Buzz_DaClaw

SNFO - Selectee
Got the call today. Selected SNFO. Anyone else nervous/excited? I feel like a little over a month is the bare minimum to get your affairs in order before shipping out ?

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
For whom the information might be beneficial: USAA and Navy Federal offer "career kickstart" loans at fairly reasonable rates for people commissioning soon or who have recently commissioned. Could help some people bridge the gap or cover if there's a pay issue. Just a heads-up.

For whom the information might be beneficial: USAA and Navy Federal offer "career kickstart" loans at fairly reasonable rates for people commissioning soon or who have recently commissioned. Could help some people bridge the gap or cover if there's a pay issue. Just a heads-up.
I’m going through USAA but being civilian, it’s been a PITA trying to prove military eligibility…hoping I get verified and can apply for a loan soon!

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
SNA selectee checking in here, just got the news yesterday, WOW! feels like not much time to get my civilian life all together haha

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I’m going through USAA but being civilian, it’s been a PITA trying to prove military eligibility…hoping I get verified and can apply for a loan soon!
For sure, not sure what they require for proof but when you get orders it'll have your graduation date showing when you're supposed to be commissioned which is what they use to determine your eligibility window.

For sure, not sure what they require for proof but when you get orders it'll have your graduation date showing when you're supposed to be commissioned which is what they use to determine your eligibility window.
The letter of offer is apparently good enough. I'm trying to take a CSL which can be taken 4 months prior to OCS or 12 months after commissioning.

Andrew_franny

Selected SNA for this OCS class.

Does anybody happen to know what deferring your OCS class date would look like? I’ve been rehabbing a low back issue and may need some more time to get healthier.