• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

6bt

Form 4? I don't think it has a verbal test, unless you meant reading comprehension? And paper form of test is really rare and I am surprised you got it..usually most ASTB is computer form and you get your results right away.

dead link for the marine gouge.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FORWARD ME ONE THROUGH E-MAIL :(

Whoops, meant reading comprehension. Ahh that must be it, didn't know there were computerized tests. Can't wait to hear back.

TheBirdy

pilot
Whoops, meant reading comprehension. Ahh that must be it, didn't know there were computerized tests. Can't wait to hear back.

When I took the ASTB my scores got sent to Pensacola for grading. I took the paper version even though the computerized version was offered to me. I had heard some people saying that the computers freeze and what not, so I didn't want to take the chance. Be patient though, they take a while to grade the test. I waited nearly 3 weeks for my score.

gbpxnick

Wow, I am hoping to get offer the paper version. I rather wait for test results than take the risk of the computer using up my test timer

Deere1450

pilot
Wow, I am hoping to get offer the paper version. I rather wait for test results than take the risk of the computer using up my test timer

My computer froze 6 times...6 TIMES! I'd have to go get the LT to fix it every time. The good thing was that it saved the time/question I was on. Overall, the computer test was great because I don't like waiting for my results. It was nice to leave knowing how I did.

gbpxnick

Wish me luck everyone, i will be taking my ASTB tomorrow in Sacramento, CA. Argh..crossing my fingers for frozen PC and blurry monitor from my first test (traveled 2 hours from home to avoid the blurry monitor provided by MEPS that i visited the first time)

6bt

Took form 4 today. Think I did decently but I was a little rushed for time. Verbal was harder than the math for me.

They sent mine to Florida (Pensacola?) to be graded??? Anyone ever heard of this?

Ended up with a 7/7/8 63 OAR. I'm happy, should give me a solid chance to secure a spot in Pcola eventually. I just used gouge and atrickpay's study guide. This site was good:

http://www.marineofficerprograms.com/pages/astb-study-guide.php

Miggs01

Hey you mentioned atrickpay's leaving some gouge out there. I clicked the link and it was blank, do you have anything else that would get me that link?

Thanks bro.

GreenLantern330

Hey you mentioned atrickpay's leaving some gouge out there. I clicked the link and it was blank, do you have anything else that would get me that link?

Thanks bro.

It's in one of the ASTB threads. Use the search function to find it. If that doesn't work, try putting in "ASTB atrickpay" in Google. It'll come up either way. It's a Word document.

Sonog

pilot
Its looking like my package will be going to the April boards for pilot/NFO.

Is it a good idea to start studying for the ASTB retake in case of non-select before the boards meet? What's a good study length?

First time I took I scored 7/6/8 59 and I studied for 1 week with limited gouge provided by my USMC OSO (goal was just to pass then). Its not a home run score, but its not low enough to use a retake yet, but I want to be ready to retake and resubmit as fast as possible. Would date of board convening be a good point to start studying again?

GreenLantern330

Considering the average ASTB score (from the Navy side at least so it's prob different for USMC) is ~60, a 59 is pretty damn close! You have a good score and if the rest of your package is strong as well, I'd wait to see if you get selected or not before you spend time studying. If you end up not getting selected, it's good to let your brain rest a bit, at least imo. Best of luck!

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Considering the average ASTB score (from the Navy side at least so it's prob different for USMC) is ~60

Well, IMHO that is a bit high. I believe somewhere around a 50 is closer to the average. Remember you are seeing a very small sampling on here and over at usnavyocs.com. Also, many people do not post their scores if they are noticing many people getting much higher.