• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

gbpxnick

Does anyone have a copy of the Marine Gouge, I can't seem to find a working link on the forum :( . Pm me and I'll shoot you my email!

Murthaj08

I just took the ASTB for the second time and got a 5/5/5 and the first time I got a 4/5/4 so both times I have failed. Could anyone help with some information on how to study to get that middle 5 to a 6 so I can pass. I was also told there is a 1 point waiver and I would like some more information on this please.

thank you

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I just took the ASTB for the second time and got a 5/5/5 and the first time I got a 4/5/4 so both times I have failed. Could anyone help with some information on how to study to get that middle 5 to a 6 so I can pass. I was also told there is a 1 point waiver and I would like some more information on this please.

thank you

Well you have 6 months now to study and prepare so use that time wisely. Look at what sections make up the AQR/PFAR/FOFAR and study those the hardest. You obviously have some conceptual issues if you have been studying hard and not achieving your desired results. If those are in the math or physics then consider taking College Algebra and a basic Physics class at a community college during the spring semester.

DeathDealer117

Hi, I just took the ASTB for the Marines yesterday, and I scored a 6/7/7. I also took the ASVAB a few months ago and scored a 90, which as I understand, qualified me for just about any job I want to try for.
I'm just kind of curious about my situation...
My OSO said I did great and I passed. My dad however thinks I should try to improve my ASTB score to make myself more appealing to the Marines aviation program.
Now, normaly, a score below 90 on something this important would drive me nuts and I would retake it, but the forum I just read said that although the NAVY looks at the scores to determine what you job you will get, the Marines just use it as a pass/fail screening test.
Is this true? or am I being misled? Should I retake it?
Also, after my dad told me what he thought, I asked my OSO and he said that the score doesnt matter, just as long as you passed. Is my OSO just feeding me bull?

jtmedli

pilot
Hi, I just took the ASTB for the Marines yesterday, and I scored a 6/7/7. I also took the ASVAB a few months ago and scored a 90, which as I understand, qualified me for just about any job I want to try for.
I'm just kind of curious about my situation...
My OSO said I did great and I passed. My dad however thinks I should try to improve my ASTB score to make myself more appealing to the Marines aviation program.
Now, normaly, a score below 90 on something this important would drive me nuts and I would retake it, but the forum I just read said that although the NAVY looks at the scores to determine what you job you will get, the Marines just use it as a pass/fail screening test.
Is this true? or am I being misled? Should I retake it?
Also, after my dad told me what he thought, I asked my OSO and he said that the score doesnt matter, just as long as you passed. Is my OSO just feeding me bull?

Who do you think knows more about Marine Officer Programs? Your dad or your OSO? The OSO is right. It's a check in the box for them. Don't retake it.

DeathDealer117

Normaly, that would have been my thinking, but I have too many friends that have been screwed by recruiters, so I'm extremely careful of anything my OSO says.
That being said, hes not "just" a recruiter, and so far, he hasnt lied to me about anything.

Thats good then. Im in, and ALL I have to do now is get my B.S. and go to training for 2 to 3 years... hahaha...

Thanks for the peace of mind jtmedli!

Hartt951

Normaly, that would have been my thinking, but I have too many friends that have been screwed by recruiters, so I'm extremely careful of anything my OSO says.
That being said, hes not "just" a recruiter, and so far, he hasnt lied to me about anything.

Thats good then. Im in, and ALL I have to do now is get my B.S. and go to training for 2 to 3 years... hahaha...

Thanks for the peace of mind jtmedli!
Yeah, you just need a passing ASTB score to get selected to OCS as an Air Contract. Once your OCS complete and commissioned, you get sent to TBS, finish that, and then go to Flight School. The scores are not used like they are in the Navy.

6bt

Took form 4 today. Think I did decently but I was a little rushed for time. Verbal was harder than the math for me.

They sent mine to Florida (Pensacola?) to be graded??? Anyone ever heard of this?

g0lf1n

Hey guys, please any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Submitted to November Boards and still awaiting results. I am freaking out wondering about my chances. Please let me know your thoughts on my package:

26/M

Private University: 3.17 Cumulative
Law School: 2.36 Cumulative

Tons of sports in College and HS
Leadership in student Gov and Fraternity
No Priors

OAR: 45

Supply/SWO/Intel/JAG

Already heard from JAG. Didn't get in.

gbpxnick

Your OAR is quite low, competitive score is 50+ for non flight..you will not get into Intel for sure if you don't have your aviation portion of the ASTB done. So lets hope your package is strong for SWO and Supply to select you. However, I heard November results is already out, go here: http://www.usnavyocs.com/portal/mod...opic&t=11059&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0, someone actually has a list of non select and select for SWO and Intel..how reliable is the list finalized? I don't know..but contact your OR to confirm. best of luck

tcam

Just took form 4

You guys are crazy getting some pretty high scores without studying much, I had to study a lot not having any background on aviation and the navy. But anyways just got the passing scores for the Marines so I am happy. 5/6/6 don't remember OAR because I knew it didn't matter for marines