• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 06NOV/04DEC IWC PROBOARD

slipshodraven

So who else is on this board? First one for MCWO, which is kind of exciting.

The at-board list was posted last week. My name isn't on it... yet. Granted, I've heard some applications go to board without ever having the applicant's name appear on the at-board list.

Lupo_og

I applied back in September but apparently did not make it to this board. Got confirmation my application was forwarded to the processor but it must have been too late.

exNavyOffRec

So who else is on this board? First one for MCWO, which is kind of exciting.

The at-board list was posted last week. My name isn't on it... yet. Granted, I've heard some applications go to board without ever having the applicant's name appear on the at-board list.
How far before the deadline did you submit and when did the waiver request go up for your GPA?

slipshodraven

How far before the deadline did you submit and when did the waiver request go up for your GPA?
Submitted 16 days prior to the deadline. The interviews were a big hold up since I'm not in the IWC and I'm stationed in a fairly remote location. I have to credit my CoC, who did a lot of heavy lifting to get me in contact with my interviewers.

At any rate, the commissioning programs page states, "In the case a waiver is required, YOU need to get YOUR application in TWO weeks before the due date OR your application will be pushed to the following board." However, Mr. Celestin's auto-reply states it should be THREE weeks. In hindsight, I should have recognized that the minimums are effectively never sufficient (as with anything).

In any case, I didn't hear anything for weeks after submitting my package so I called Mr. Celestin. He basically told me that applications are processed as they are received. I ended up giving the OCM a call last week (who confirmed that they recommended my waiver) and I got an application in processing confirmation email later that day.

I'm cautiously optimistic but fully prepared for the disappointment of finding out that my application is pushed to the next board. Unfortunately, that would complicate things as I have a PRD of June 2024, but I'll deal with that situation should it turn out that way.

exNavyOffRec

Submitted 16 days prior to the deadline. The interviews were a big hold up since I'm not in the IWC and I'm stationed in a fairly remote location. I have to credit my CoC, who did a lot of heavy lifting to get me in contact with my interviewers.

At any rate, the commissioning programs page states, "In the case a waiver is required, YOU need to get YOUR application in TWO weeks before the due date OR your application will be pushed to the following board." However, Mr. Celestin's auto-reply states it should be THREE weeks. In hindsight, I should have recognized that the minimums are effectively never sufficient (as with anything).

In any case, I didn't hear anything for weeks after submitting my package so I called Mr. Celestin. He basically told me that applications are processed as they are received. I ended up giving the OCM a call last week (who confirmed that they recommended my waiver) and I got an application in processing confirmation email later that day.

I'm cautiously optimistic but fully prepared for the disappointment of finding out that my application is pushed to the next board. Unfortunately, that would complicate things as I have a PRD of June 2024, but I'll deal with that situation should it turn out that way.
The safe bet for anyone reading this is to submit 1 month prior to deadline if you need a waiver.

In most cases waiver are always approved, NRC likes to let the board make the actual decision.

slipshodraven

The safe bet for anyone reading this is to submit 1 month prior to deadline if you need a waiver.

In most cases waiver are always approved, NRC likes to let the board make the actual decision.
Unfortunately I was given bad gouge and initially didn't think a waiver was necessary. To make matters worse, I reached out to Mr. Celestin for guidance and he simply told me to submit my package and he'd review my transcripts. In short, he doesn't have time to review transcripts prior to package submission to determine if a waiver is required.

To be clear, all courses attempted and all transcripts are used to calculate GPA (even if they're from over 10 years ago).

slipshodraven

I might be screaming into the void at this point, but I'm still not on the at-board list.

As of late last week my medical documentation was still under review. Immensely frustrating after having been active duty for nearly 10 years with no major medical issues. I'm sure the holiday doesn't help expedite processing but I trusted the deadlines that were provided.

I asked Mr. Celestin if there was a chance that my package would still make it to board and he said "there is a possibility that the OCM is aware of my package". I'm not sure what to take away from that reply and I've been trying to keep in mind the fact that Mr. Celestin is likely inundated with emails like mine. That said...

***For any future applicants, get your packages in months ahead of the deadlines!

Very respectfully and very cautiously optimistic,

S.R.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Someone posted the link to the relevant N3 site in one of the other IWC board threads.
When I went to the board for DCO IWC back in August, there wasn’t an at-board spreadsheet loaded. Meaning it wasn’t showing at the N3 sharepoint like similar boards did in the past. Turned out our board met earlier than projected

So I submitted a package for 1810/20/80 for this board. My package didn’t get processed till the morning of the 4th. Granted I didn’t get my package in till the day of the deadline due to circumstances out of my control.

My LTJG in charge of OCS at my command was calling every 30 minutes till he got a confirmation for me.

Now we’re anticipating word in mid January. 3ish weeks to process, but no work gets done after the first week in December.

jnTucker

Good morning all,

Starting this to see who's going up for the board in the title. I noticed that the dates got shifted about 2 weeks, likely that they didn't have enough good applications yet.

From what I've heard, the whole IWC really needs new guys. I personally am going up for 1810, but I've heard everyone else in the 1800's needs guys. Any word on how these boards have been going recently?

Thanks everyone. Best of luck.
My recruiter said we probably won't even have results til end of February or beginning of March.