• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04 MAR 19 IWC BOARD

whentherearenine

Certainly would not advise posting sensitive PII! If there are any columns in the file that are too detailed, I'm happy to remove.

Last edited:

huskybiz

Recommend we consider employing better OPSEC and not aggregate personal information in an unsecured file that anyone can view.
There is no identifying personal information, it is all general unspecific information. Like GPA, major, areas applying for and the such. All of which people all over this site have in their signature. I do not see how this violates OPSEC. Am i missing something? or maybe you didn't open up the file to even see what it contained and posted prematurely?

JLew

There is no identifying personal information, it is all general unspecific information. Like GPA, major, areas applying for and the such. All of which people all over this site have in their signature. I do not see how this violates OPSEC. Am i missing something? or maybe you didn't open up the file to even see what it contained and posted prematurely?
My point is that I created an account to review the great info available on this site. It would be very simple for folks to over-share life details (as I now remove where I went to school and live) to narrow down who is what,where,when...etc. Between linkedin and other social media, it would not take a genius hacker to know enough to be a threat...especially for the younger sailors. I'm wondering if a military ID (or some form of temp ID used at MEPS for those trying to get into the system) should be used to activate an account here.

Last edited:

whentherearenine

My point is that I created an account to review the great info available on this site. It would be very simple for folks to over-share life details to narrow down who is what,where,when...etc. Between linkedin and other social media, it would not take a genius hacker to know enough to be a threat...especially for the younger sailors. I'm wondering if a military ID (or some form of temp ID used at MEPS for those trying to get into the system) should be used to activate an account here.

That's fair. I would agree that there are some threads that get a bit too detailed for a public forum.

JLew

That's fair. I would agree that there are some threads that get a bit too detailed for a public forum.
My additional concern is all the discussion about where Big Navy is broken...if it's staffing ships, overworked SWOs, under-trained and under-funded everyone, useless new tech that cost a fortune...if I'm a real adversary I'm taking serious notes.

JLew

My additional concern is all the discussion about where Big Navy is broken...if it's staffing ships, overworked SWOs, under-trained and under-funded everyone, useless new tech that cost a fortune...if I'm a real adversary I'm taking serious notes.

In the corporate world of financial services, large companies train employees to look-out for scams that hackers may use to scheme info to help gain access to protected info. Seems like anyone could create a fake profile, make-up any story about their military progession/connections and have some new desperate applicant eating out of their hands...they exchange info, maybe send some private emails and poof, joe idiot is a real world target.

egiv

They could just read the news.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Except for Lindsey’s full name, and the fact that you’re all applying for a job that requires TS/SCI. It’s fine. It’s just not necessary. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

I’ve been given an OCS date for SWO which happens to be before the Intel results are posted (I’m assuming). INTEL is my 1st choice, SWO second. Am I supposed to go out on a limb and make a decision. Either deny SWO and possibly get Intel or accept, thinking I won’t get INTEL? Advice please

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I’ve been given an OCS date for SWO which happens to be before the Intel results are posted (I’m assuming). INTEL is my 1st choice, SWO second. Am I supposed to go out on a limb and make a decision. Either deny SWO and possibly get Intel or accept, thinking I won’t get INTEL? Advice please

This is a legit “ask your recruiter” response.

exNavyOffRec

I was informed that turning down SWO would get me a different OCS date. Recruiter also said that SWO could withdraw my acceptance if I rejected the initial date.

The only time I saw a person get an OCS date was when they were denied for others or their application was pulled from the other boards, I would ask your recruiter more questions, to me it feels your Intel application may have been denied.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The only time I saw a person get an OCS date was when they were denied for others or their application was pulled from the other boards, I would ask your recruiter more questions, to me it feels your Intel application may have been denied.

That's what I'm thinking. Or SWO was moved up to the first choice.

aadame13

Im a little later here, but hello everyone

I am on the March IWC board

I am turning 26 in a month, scored 52 on my OAR, graduated with a 3.0 Computer Science Degree, and applied for IP and CW.
My transcripts include computer security courses such as Cryptography, Computer Security, and Cloud Computing and Security.

Really hopeful to getting into either one of my choices.
I also input my info into the spreadsheet

Good luck everyone

aadame13

Im a little later here, but hello everyone

I am on the March IWC board

I am turning 26 in a month, scored 52 on my OAR, graduated with a 3.0 Computer Science Degree, and applied for IP and CW.
My transcripts include computer security courses such as Cryptography, Computer Security, and Cloud Computing and Security.

Really hopeful to getting into either one of my choices.
I also input my info into the spreadsheet

Good luck everyone

As i mentioned i know i applied for IP and CW, but my recruiter showed me a screenshot where it said "General Officer - IW"
not sure what the general officer part means but if someone can share that would be cool. Thanks!