• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04 MAR 19 IWC BOARD

Critical AnalysiZ

...and that precluded you from applying CW? I went to OCS with guys who'd been in 10+.
The most recent PA said no more than 48 months of qualifying (active) service, waivers may be granted for up to 60 months.
I definitely considered it. I have an appraisal from one CW an O4, but no waiver for CW.

egiv

When did you go to OCS? Have you read the most recent Program Authorization?

Yikes, just looked at it now. I knew our community was having a lot of manning issues because prior-enlisted guys/girls would punch out at 20, leaving us really weak at the O-4 and O-5 levels, but I didn't realize they restricted the OCS eligibility so severely.

Critical AnalysiZ

Yikes, just looked at it now. I knew our community was having a lot of manning issues because prior-enlisted guys/girls would punch out at 20, leaving us really weak at the O-4 and O-5 levels, but I didn't realize they restricted the OCS eligibility so severely.
Yes, I was disappointed. One year too late.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Restricting prior service applicants based on TIS is only one way to peel the onion. They could offer cash bonuses to keep people in beyond 20.

I guess that’d cost the Navy more, but giving a $25-40k cash bonus to squeeze 4-6 more years out of a prior-E 1810 who just hit 20 years of fleet cryptologic experience is a trade I’d make every day if I drove a desk in Millington. The USAF is doing it for pilots.

Critical AnalysiZ

Does anyone know how a Fleet Applicant would know if our name makes it to the Proboard? The OCS processing team told me that he forwarded my package to the IWC Program Manager. I am due to transfer soon and if my package is pushed to the next board it would affect my orders. I did reach out to the IWC program manager, no answer. From several posts I've read it doesn't seem like a good idea to pester these folks.

Before anyone replies, I've spent two days on this site pouring over how to definitely find out if your package is going to be seen by the board. Majority of the people found out from their OR, which I clearly don't have. Others said their command received a message (mine has not). Others said they never received a message but were still a select or non-select when the results came out. Please advise. Thank you.

huskybiz

I am a fleet sailor and my CO received an email stating my package would submitted for this board. But just for clarification it looks like they just replied to the email he sent after they reviewed my package. So i would check with whoever emailed your package in.

bluemarlin04

Restricting prior service applicants based on TIS is only one way to peel the onion. They could offer cash bonuses to keep people in beyond 20.

I guess that’d cost the Navy more, but giving a $25-40k cash bonus to squeeze 4-6 more years out of a prior-E 1810 who just hit 20 years of fleet cryptologic experience is a trade I’d make every day if I drove a desk in Millington. The USAF is doing it for pilots.
They offer 120,000 to SWO LTs to stay for 3 more years of sea duty and still have trouble retaining them. Same with sub nukes.

To retain people, you need to add 100k to you number.

Sorry for the stupid question. I’m not able to find this information via air warriors or the web. Where can I find the Intel 2019 board forum? I’ve seen a lot of information for IWC but nothing for just Intel. I asked my OR and he said I was submitted for just Intel not IWC or any other subset of Intel.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Sorry for the stupid question. I’m not able to find this information via air warriors or the web. Where can I find the Intel 2019 board forum? I’ve seen a lot of information for IWC but nothing for just Intel. I asked my OR and he said I was submitted for just Intel not IWC or any other subset of Intel.

Intel is part of IWC, you can learn more here:

All the IWC programs are combined into one
Board. For AWs it doesn’t make sense to create separate threads for each IWC designator and board. It would confused a ton of people.

whentherearenine