• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Triumph_MAC

Applying for SNA, I have an age waiver that I'm awaiting results of. ASTB is not impressive at all but we'll see how it goes.

Prior: Y
OAR: 45
5/6/5
Bachelor of Science: 3.76
Masters of Science: Exercise Science 3.81
LOR: O6 (2), O5, O4, O3
Interviews: O8, O5 (2), O3

SBeaty

Anyone heard how they are conducting the interviews this time? Would it be conducted remotely or in-person, and if so, how is the location determined?

imburke

Just submitted my application for NFO

ASTB: 49 5/6/6
GPA: 2.9
Degree: Kinesiology
Prior service: N

I know my ASTB isn't great but there were factors contributing to that so I know for certain I could get a much better score. I took it for the first time only a couple weeks ago and don't have time to retake it before the deadline so I figured I would go ahead and submit just in case. My recruiter seems to think that I stand a pretty good chance, but I won't get my hopes up and will just have to wait for the results.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Anyone heard how they are conducting the interviews this time? Would it be conducted remotely or in-person, and if so, how is the location determined?

This is the first time I've heard about interviews...

Anyone else heard this? I know the NUC program applicants go through an interview process, I haven't heard this for the SNA/NFO selection. I'm asking my recruiter for verification.

EDIT Recruiter is unaware of interviews. Might be confusing some other program selection processes with ours?

Last edited:

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Just submitted my application for NFO

ASTB: 49 5/6/6
GPA: 2.9
Degree: Kinesiology
Prior service: N

I know my ASTB isn't great but there were factors contributing to that so I know for certain I could get a much better score. I took it for the first time only a couple weeks ago and don't have time to retake it before the deadline so I figured I would go ahead and submit just in case. My recruiter seems to think that I stand a pretty good chance, but I won't get my hopes up and will just have to wait for the results.

Your scores aren't bad it's not all about that one bracket of scores. Just keep in mind that if you're not selected this time, they'll want to know for the next board what you have done in the meantime to improve, (Work promotion, flight hours or certifications, leadership, volunteer, organizations/team events... anything). The applicants that only apply for NFO seem to have a pretty good selection rate. Worst case scenario; you've got time on your side and the ASTB can easily be improved! Best of luck to you!

jlh1850

Updating my scoring information here:

ASTB: 51 6/7/6
Prior Service: N
Degree: Business Admin (3.6 weighed down to 3.25 after combining my horrible first attempt at college as a teen).
Flight Exp: Some hours on Ultralights

Was absolutely certain I'd do better on the ASTB as I've ground out some more difficult tests before but got tunnel-vision on the day due to poor sleep and general fatigue. Was pretty confident in ANIT and PBM which likely salvaged my test in the end. Similarly to @jih1850, my recruiter reckons it should be a good shot of selection. Even if it is I'll go with the assumption its not and keep studying so i can rock the test next time if need be.

Good luck guys and awesome job some of you - unless there are some serious skeletons in the closet, the stats suggest a good majority are shoe-ins.

Good luck man, we're all in this together!

alexng30

I didn't have any required interviews for my application.

I interviewed with my school's ROTC CO in person for a LOR since I really didn't have much of a relationship with most of my professors but that's about it.

SBeaty

This is the first time I've heard about interviews...

Anyone else heard this? I know the NUC program applicants go through an interview process, I haven't heard this for the SNA/NFO selection. I'm asking my recruiter for verification.

EDIT Recruiter is unaware of interviews. Might be confusing some other program selection processes with ours?
Ah yes I meant sitting before the board, if that is how the process works.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Ah yes I meant sitting before the board, if that is how the process works.

I see, we don't do anything in a physical sense. Once you've completed the kit and the recruiter sends it off, that's the last thing we do. It's all a waiting game for results once everyone submits for this Friday's cutoff. Once we receive a PROREC-Y/N (short for "professional recommendation - yes/no") from your recruiter, then you start more admin work with the recruiter if you got selected.

If you mean how the actual board will conduct the review process, it can be done in person or remotely. The applications are all digital when they're sent as far as I know. Either way, it's the same result for them in the end for selecting applicants.

Marmaduke123

Contributor
Agreed on my ASTB scores. Based on past spreadsheets I basically have the average Pro-Rec Y score. It’s the GPA that’s my main concern - I’m not sure if my scores do enough to offset it. If I had say a 3.0, I’d feel a lot more confident.

It all becomes relative I guess, I said the same thing about my 3.6 being dragged down to a 3.3. Working in finance myself, has some perks but the reality is you just slowly lose your eyesight on MS Office all day on dull stuff (I'm still surprised I kept 20/20 after all the screen time).

Tgonzo29

Hey guys! best of luck everyone. keeping my fingers crossed

Applying for SNA Only
ASTB: 50 6/6/5
GPA: 2.59
Major: New Communication Media (Graduated)
LORs: Active O-6, Retired O-6, Retired O-5, Flight Department Director, Former Boss,
Flight Experience: 316 Hours Commercial-Instrument, Tailwheel, Working on CFI
Extras: Hockey Coach, Team Co-Captain, Commemorative Air Force volunteer pilot, Boating License

Hoping my flight experience and whole person concept can make up for the lower scores.

Last edited: