• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

jonesy27

Long time lurker, finally got my degree and got my package in time for the November board.
Just updated the spreadsheet.

My stats are below:

AT1(AW/SW)
OAR: 49
ASTB: 5/7/6
GPA: 3.14
Degree: Workforce Education and Development
Prior Service: Y (8 Years)
EVALS: EP, EP, MP (welcome aboard)

Applying SNA only.

Prior flight experience as an In-Flight Technician on the E-2C Hawkeye. First time applying.
Good appraisals from an O-6 NFO and 3 O-5 Pilots all 10's across the board. I'm really hoping the appraisals and CO's recommendation carry me through the average ASTB scores. Good luck to everyone else applying!

Marmaduke123

Contributor
Hey all,

I just want to clarify the excel, I think some people drop their scores here and say they're applying but never come back to say they've actually applied or made the cutoff because of MEPS, waivers, etc for the excel.

I've input Y/N based on a lack of information but please double check to make sure I haven't made a mistake somewhere on the excel sheet.

Thanks!

Thanks for following up. So as it turns out my packet was not submitted on time due to an administrative mess up at the last day. I jumped the gun in saying I submitted as I was positive everything was done and dusted.

I think there is a column to say if the packet was actually submitted right? In any case I intended to (and will) apply only SNA.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Thanks for following up. So as it turns out my packet was not submitted on time due to an administrative mess up at the last day. I jumped the gun in saying I submitted as I was positive everything was done and dusted.

I think there is a column to say if the packet was actually submitted right? In any case I intended to (and will) apply only SNA.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, that's unfortunate and frustrating.

There is a silver lining somewhere.

All the best luck to you moving forward!

Triumph_MAC

Hey all,

I just want to clarify the excel, I think some people drop their scores here and say they're applying but never come back to say they've actually applied or made the cutoff because of MEPS, waivers, etc for the excel.

I've input Y/N based on a lack of information but please double check to make sure I haven't made a mistake somewhere on the excel sheet.

@biscuitsandgravy Submitted?
@Ricosroughnecks7 Submitted?
@Triumph_MAC Flight exp?
@Marmaduke123 SNA and/or NFO?
@Genghis95 Flight exp?
@jlh1850 Flight exp? Submitted?
@Bravo 6 Submitted? SNA and/or NFO, prior service, flight exp?
@Tgonzo29 Prior service?
@tcham28 Submitted?

Thanks!
I'm still waiting on official word if my age waiver gets approved. Everything has been submitted to Mr. Celestin, once I get the word I'll either delete my line or put a Y for submitted. Hopefully they give an old dog a chance eventhough my scores are on the rather low side.

Hey Everyone! Been lurking around AW for a while now and finally completed my packet. Just thought I would add my info. Good Luck to everyone applying to the November Board! Applying for SNA & NFO

OAR: 49
ASTB: 6/8/7
GPA: 3.40
Degree: Exercise Science
Prior Service: N

andoesph

I submitted my package early last week which was before the deadline on Friday the 18th. Still have not recieved a confirmation email. I reached out to officer applications and ocsquestions email. Would anyone know the next step or contact I could reach out to. Just want to confirm my application status. Applying for NFO on Nov 2nd board.

Genghis95

Hey all,

@biscuitsandgravy Submitted?
@Ricosroughnecks7 Submitted?
@Triumph_MAC Flight exp?
@Marmaduke123 SNA and/or NFO?
@Genghis95 Flight exp?
@jlh1850 Flight exp? Submitted?
@Bravo 6 Submitted? SNA and/or NFO, prior service, flight exp?
@Tgonzo29 Prior service?
@tcham28 Submitted?

Thanks!
Im submitted and ready to go.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
I submitted my package early last week which was before the deadline on Friday the 18th. Still have not recieved a confirmation email. I reached out to officer applications and ocsquestions email. Would anyone know the next step or contact I could reach out to. Just want to confirm my application status. Applying for NFO on Nov 2nd board.
Confirmation email from who? My processor submitted my package, which my recruiter confirmed to me by phone after it was sent.

Marmaduke123

Contributor
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, that's unfortunate and frustrating.

There is a silver lining somewhere.

All the best luck to you moving forward!
Thanks - the whole process has been slower that usual as I'm based in Europe - I started applying with a US recruiter which was pretty slow going as I couldn't physically see the guy and we were trying to figure out where to test and do MEPS (COVID made this a lot more complicated). Neither one of us realized there is a Navy recruiting office in inland Germany until several months ago! If anyone needs info on European-based recruiting stuff just PM me.

The big silver lining is that I get to see my newborn son grow up some more before hitting OCS so I'm taking it in stride.

Last edited:

TonyWillingham

ENS, 1520
Confirmation email from who? My processor submitted my package, which my recruiter confirmed to me by phone after it was sent.

He’s active duty, we submit our packages ourselves.

I know Mr. Celestin was on leave until the 21st, I’m sure he’s playing catch-up right now. Maybe emailing him directly will speed things up. His email is Paul.celestin@navy.mil.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
He’s active duty, we submit our packages ourselves.

Whoops my bad. I don’t know why but I keep thinking OCS is for civilians and there is another school for current enlisted.

y’all also have interviews right? Either way it sounds less stressful on my end since it’s not all entirely on my shoulders.

TonyWillingham

ENS, 1520
Whoops my bad. I don’t know why but I keep thinking OCS is for civilians and there is another school for current enlisted.

y’all also have interviews right? Either way it sounds less stressful on my end since it’s not all entirely on my shoulders.
I guess it really depends on how you look at it. I have experience assisting my Sailors with their applications so I already knew a lot about the process which made it a little easier. Also, I’m not at the mercy of a recruiter who might not get my application in on time for whatever reason. We have no one to blame except ourselves if we miss the deadline.

Yes, we have to have a minimum of 3 interviews and one has to be with an Officer in each designator you’re applying for.

I think the hardest part for me was trying to find time to do the things I needed to do for my package that had to be done during working hours i.e. ASTB and medical appointments. When I was completing my package I was the LPO of two work centers so finding a balance was extremely difficult and resulted in some very long days.

alexng30

Did you work with a recruiter? They're the ones who should be handling all this for you with regards to submitting stuff for the boards. The only confirmation I got was a text from my recruiter saying I'm good to go.

Edit: nvmnd, saw that you were AD

Last edited: