• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY15 IDC DCO Boards

RickD

When I called Navy Personnel command, they told me to write *urgent* on the fax and they would expedite, and would receive within 2 weeks. I did not receive after 2, so I called. Was told they had no record of request. I sent another fax and received the CD the next day. I thought that was quick! Received the second one 5 days later. CD was missing the same FITREPS as my own copy, go figure.

Good luck man,

Thanks. Going to call again today. It's a hit/miss when you call. First few times I called I got an automated message that stated they were too busy to take "live" calls and that updates can be requested via email. The message provided the email address, I sent a request to it and got an automated response stating that email address had been migrated and no longer valid. Finally got a human yesterday who said they can get to it in May and that my request didn't state the urgency and NLT date, which all my communications did. So, out went another fax yesterday stating the urgency. Hopefully I get some positive news over the next few days.

thanks, good luck to you bud!

warfighter,

The board is from 16-20 March and it's coming up quick! There have been several people that have found out the Friday the board ends.

I'm not sure what the numbers look like for selection, but here are past numbers:

SEP09 (first FY10 board) - 174 applicants. Selected 57 INTEL. (Last INTEL-only board.)
MAR10 (second FY10 board) - 278 applicants. Selected 31 INTEL, 11 IW, 13 IP, 0 OCEANO. (First joint IDC board.)
SEP10 (first FY11 board) - 262 applicants. Selected 41 INTEL, 10 IW, 5 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR11 (second FY11 board) - 283 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 10 IW, 6 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP11 (first FY12 board) - 348 applicants. Selected 55 INTEL, 12 IW, 7 IP, 0 OCEANO.
MAR12 (second FY12 board) - 243 applicants. Selected 59 INTEL, 8 IW, 9 IP, 1 OCEANO.
SEP12 (first FY13 board) - 285 applicants. Selected 54 INTEL, 6 IW, 5 IP, 0 OCEANO.
MAR13 (second FY13 board) - 234 applicants. Selected 53 INTEL, 7 IW, 5 IP, 1 OCEANO.
SEP13 (first FY14 board) - 196 applicants. Selected 50 INTEL, 8 IW, 6 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR14 (second FY14 board) - 190 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 8 IW, 9 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP14 (first FY15 board) - 235 applicants. Selected 38 INTEL, 4 IW, 3 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR15 (second FY15 board) - 16-20MAR15.

This information is courteous of das, he has really good information! I'm hoping IW and IP numbers go up this board!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
My recruiter told me that applications for the Mar 15 IDC Professional Review Board had to be submitted by 25 Feb. Not sure if my recruiter built some buffer time for us into that suspense date, or if that was a hard'n'fast date set by Millington.

Either way, if this is your first ever DIRCOM application, there's no shame in waiting until the summer boards to apply and taking the time to properly assemble all your records/ improve qualifications/ strengthen your understanding of the IDC.

I won't say that you can't still be considered at this month's board... but as someone who first applied a couple years ago, let me say it's not the worst thing in the world to take additional time to ensure your DIRCOM package is 110% ready.

My package was due 25 Feb as well. I agree with @Hair Warriors? ...it's best to have a complete package. IDC board is very competitive.

The board is less than 2 weeks away! Again, Good Luck To All!

MTRIO

Those seeking a commission in IW may be interested in this event:

The first in a series of live engagements on YouTube, IDC Self Synchronization Live interviews LCDR Chad Smith, Information Warfare Officer Detailer.

When: Sunday, March 8, 2015, 4:00pm EDT
Where: Live on YouTube

Ask your questions live on YouTube during the event!

For more, follow IDCsync on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+!
Thanks for this info!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Thank goodness I have Archer, The Americans, and House of Cards to distract me for the next three weeks til the IDC Professional Review Board results.

Anyone know a good bbq joint in Millington?

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
[QUOTE="
Anyone know a good bbq joint in Millington?[/QUOTE]

Went to A school in Millington in 1990. Was there for about a year, I hope its changed!
The most humorous was the bar right out the gate that had free pool, but somehow also had a rip off jewelry store in it. Im sure all those places are gone now that there are no longer 1000's of 18 year old Sailors and Marines coming and going every year.

warfighter,

The board is from 16-20 March and it's coming up quick! There have been several people that have found out the Friday the board ends.

I'm not sure what the numbers look like for selection, but here are past numbers:

SEP09 (first FY10 board) - 174 applicants. Selected 57 INTEL. (Last INTEL-only board.)
MAR10 (second FY10 board) - 278 applicants. Selected 31 INTEL, 11 IW, 13 IP, 0 OCEANO. (First joint IDC board.)
SEP10 (first FY11 board) - 262 applicants. Selected 41 INTEL, 10 IW, 5 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR11 (second FY11 board) - 283 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 10 IW, 6 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP11 (first FY12 board) - 348 applicants. Selected 55 INTEL, 12 IW, 7 IP, 0 OCEANO.
MAR12 (second FY12 board) - 243 applicants. Selected 59 INTEL, 8 IW, 9 IP, 1 OCEANO.
SEP12 (first FY13 board) - 285 applicants. Selected 54 INTEL, 6 IW, 5 IP, 0 OCEANO.
MAR13 (second FY13 board) - 234 applicants. Selected 53 INTEL, 7 IW, 5 IP, 1 OCEANO.
SEP13 (first FY14 board) - 196 applicants. Selected 50 INTEL, 8 IW, 6 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR14 (second FY14 board) - 190 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 8 IW, 9 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP14 (first FY15 board) - 235 applicants. Selected 38 INTEL, 4 IW, 3 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR15 (second FY15 board) - 16-20MAR15.

This information is courteous of das, he has really good information! I'm hoping IW and IP numbers go up this board!

Thanks Bud!

So we have roughly an 18-23% chance of being selected for intel... hmmmm interesting.

Michael Reagan

DCO IDC Select (Intel)
Hello y'all, I'm a new member and this is my first post. I've read many of your post over the last two years, in the last few weeks. I believe my package for Intel,IWO and IP was submitted for this upcoming board, my recruiter said he asked for an extension since my MEPS Physical was a few days late, has anyone heard of this? He told me that my package was submitted for this board in March. Actually he is not the person submitting the package, I'm sure it's his Senior Chief. Anyway good luck for everyone!!!

USNR Applicant

Just wanted to add my best wishes to everyone. I'm up for the March board as well, and this forum has been a big help throughout the process. Plenty of talent here, and I hope you all get selected. Good luck!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I'm applying a third time for 1835. This will be the first time my pkg got all the way to Millington, though.

I'll post resume/schools/GPAs/LORs/etc. for all to see if I get pro'rec'd. Kind of pointless to publish all that if I am a non select... other than as an example of "what not to do" ha

Last edited:

bryanteagle6

Bryant

Have you been selected yet? If not, have you submitted for the March board?

I have not been selected. I have submitted my package for this march. This is my second board. I also submitted last september. The dco idc reserve boards are every march and September, unless cancelled due to over staffing. (But that hasn't happened since the switch over to IDC I don't think)