• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY15 IDC DCO Boards

I'm applying a third time for 1835. This will be the first time my pkg got all the way to Millington, though.

I'll post resume/schools/GPAs/LORs/etc. for all to see if I get pro'rec'd. Kind of pointless to publish all that if I am a non select... other than as an example of "what not to do" ha

Best of luck! INTEL seems to be the one that the majority wants

RickD

So, come to find out on Saturday that Military Personnel Records Center has no records on me. Interesting, I've only used a GI Bill, VA loans for home purchases, etc... Maybe I was so Top Secret I never existed, maybe I don't even know I exist, it was all an illusion :)

Back to tracking them down. Next stop ARPRC.

Last edited:
Those seeking a commission in IW may be interested in this event:

The first in a series of live engagements on YouTube, IDC Self Synchronization Live interviews LCDR Chad Smith, Information Warfare Officer Detailer.

When: Sunday, March 8, 2015, 4:00pm EDT
Where: Live on YouTube

Ask your questions live on YouTube during the event!

For more, follow IDCsync on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+!

Fantastic information! Can't wait for the next one!

Looking at other forums it looks like if you were" PRO REC'd Yes", not only did your package officially get sent to the board but you were also selected. Does anyone know if this is the case? What does it actually mean to be "PRO REC'd Yes"

I assumed that a recommendation was different from selection.

Thanks!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Pro Rec means the IDC Board selected you. You have a commission with your name on it. It's yours to lose, at that point. You just need to complete COMDOCS and swear in with your recruiter.

Ever since they moved MEPS as a process step to be prior to the IDC Selection Board, this process is faster after the Board reports results (because it's one less step to do).

Pro Rec means the IDC Board selected you. You have a commission with your name on it. It's yours to lose, at that point. You just need to complete COMDOCS and swear in with your recruiter.

Ever since they moved MEPS as a process step to be prior to the IDC Selection Board, this process is faster after the Board reports results (because it's one less step to do).

@Hair Warriors? Thanks for the response! With that being the case, what happens during the board next week? Is it a "fight" for which designator selects you? Thanks again!

@Manzo Thanks! This is still good news!

I just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. My unit keeps asking when I'm getting a commission because they're all pretty much expecting me to get selected. I'm optimistic but still waiting for offiicial word, which will probably be next Friday, hopefully!

Manzo

Amicmanzo
@Manzo Thanks! This is still good news!

I just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. My unit keeps asking when I'm getting a commission because they're all pretty much expecting me to get selected. I'm optimistic but still waiting for offiicial word, which will probably be next Friday, hopefully!
Haha, my shop keeps doing that to me! And every time I do, I try to find the nearest wooden object to knock on. I need all the positive juju I can get

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Yeah... I have no idea how the Board will really work, although my mentor served on a past IDC Board and told me about it.

From all the RUMINT that I've gathered, I just imagine a massive conference table in Tennessee with two stacks of resumes. One stack is candidates who received 100% confidence, the other stack is candidates whose packages reflect somewhere less than 100% confidence. From the 100% stack, the Board then selects the top candidate out of each NRD for Intel. That's 26 people. Maybe one or two NRDs don't get a single candidate selected -- but I doubt it's too lopsided, because at the end of the day they need each region to be adequately manned. Then, maybe the Board selects 10-15 other outstanding Intel applicants. They'll select 5-10 total candidates combined for IW/IP/METOC, based on need.

Like any organization, they are reconciling talent supply & demand to meet the needs of the organization. Here, there's a huge supply of talent. Very limited demand.

My SWAG is: It's a whole person look, and it's a best fit concept. I submitted for Intel designator only. I reckon if I'm not 100% certain which Navy career field I want to join, then I am not ready for a commission. The career fields of IW and IP exhibit more functional overlap, though, so maybe it's less of a constraint to submit for both of those designators.

Again, take my words with a brick of salt. I may be way off base.

Yeah... I have no idea how the Board will really work, although my mentor served on a past IDC Board and told me about it.

From all the RUMINT that I've gathered, I just imagine a massive conference table in Tennessee with two stacks of resumes. One stack is candidates who received 100% confidence, the other stack is candidates whose packages reflect somewhere less than 100% confidence. From the 100% stack, the Board then selects the top candidate out of each NRD for Intel. That's 26 people. Maybe one or two NRDs don't get a single candidate selected -- but I doubt it's too lopsided, because at the end of the day they need each region to be adequately manned. Then, maybe the Board selects 10-15 other outstanding Intel applicants. They'll select 5-10 total candidates combined for IW/IP/METOC, based on need.

Like any organization, they are reconciling talent supply & demand to meet the needs of the organization. Here, there's a huge supply of talent. Very limited demand.

My SWAG is: It's a whole person look, and it's a best fit concept. I submitted for Intel designator only. I reckon if I'm not 100% certain which Navy career field I want to join, then I am not ready for a commission. The career fields of IW and IP exhibit more functional overlap, though, so maybe it's less of a constraint to submit for both of those designators.

Some information is better than none. I was just confused because everyone who said they were pro rec'd yes received a commission both for Active and Reserve but that information was received after the board. I wasn't sure what it meant before the board. Your explanation seems more realistic though.

Best of luck everyone!

If anyone else has any insight on what it means to be pro rec'd yes before the DCO board, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!!!

exNavyOffRec

boards are often remote and all the board members do not have to be in the same place

the board pics the best candidates, doesn't matter if every selection comes from one NRD or if they are even across the NRD's picking the best candidates is in the best interest of the USN, you may be able to drill in the same city or not, I know a reserve officer who lives in CA but drills on the east coast.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Well, my recruiter wasn't able to submit everything before the deadline, looks like I have to wait for the next boards.
At least this will give me some time to take on some more related work and get those certifications.
Good luck to everyone.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I am curious... how many IDC Board members/ NRD recruiters do you suppose ever read these forums?

There can't be many open-source sites discussing Navy IDC reserve officer direct commission recruiting. This one seems the most active. (Obviously, the Navy IDC reserve is a fraction of the Navy reserve, which is a fraction of the Navy, which is a fraction of the DoD, which is a fraction of the USA, which is a fraction of planet earth's population.)

I wonder if everyone posting his/her combination of GPA, schools, LORs, OAR, certifications, prior mil service, designator preference, etc. would reach a point where it becomes a unique identifier to folks who see all the March DIRCOM application packages... it's a small world, I am guessing, and pretty transparent too.