• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Zero Week and report date

j04meyer

I'm going to OCC 190 and, if all goes well, I will most likely be going to Bravo Co. at TBS. I was looking at the TBS website and it says that Zero Week is from 9 Jan. - 13 Jan. What exactly is Zero Week and does that mean that we will report to TBS on 9 Jan. for Bravo Co.?

Crowbar

None
If zero week is starts on the 9th (a Monday I assume) you will most likely have to be there the previous Thursday...the 5th.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Zero week is all of your admin inprocessing and so forth...dido crowbar on the report date...

riley

Don't forget the language test....

Zero week is when you are finished at 1300 but don't finish until 1900

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
riley mcconnell said:
Don't forget the language test....

Zero week is when you are finished at 1300 but don't finish until 1900

Remember that the language test is not for everyone...

Yeah, zero week is when you will be done 5 hrs late as opposed to 2-3 hrs late like normal...

Mel920

If you check in on the Thursday before zero week, what would they have you doing that Thursday and Friday? Do you know if they'll let you take leave on the Friday if you had to?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Mel920 said:
If you check in on the Thursday before zero week, what would they have you doing that Thursday and Friday? Do you know if they'll let you take leave on the Friday if you had to?

Why would you have to take leave your first two days there? If there is something that jacked up then talk to your OSO and see if they can just have you check in that friday before zero week...

Don't be that guy who starts off by asking for time off...

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you've EVER taken a foreign language, might as well take the test. It's time away from Mike Co. and if you get assigned to a billet that requires it, can supposedly garner you more money. I took 2 years of Spanish in college, can barely understand or speak it at all anymore, and according to the DOD, I'm fluent. Go figure.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
shimbo said:
why is that? Is this because you have to wait for...dare i say...."the word"?

The favorite thing for most Student Company Staffs to do is to talk, unfortunately that means you will have to sit there and do nothing, often in uncomfortable places or outside. But seriously, zero week is huge for the billet holders and it isn't uncommon to see them there till midnight only to come in early the next morning. What you have to realize is that during zero week a number of things have to be accomplished (remember that none of them have done this before either).

Including;
-swim quals
-medical inprocess
-dental inprocess
-admin classes
-admin inprocess
-initial PFT (they have to organize the scorekeepers running it then the rest of the company seperate)
-gear issue
-gear labeling
-divide the company into platoons, divide the platoons into squads, divide the squads into fireteams, then do all of them over because they forgot to get the confirmation from their SPC (Staff Platoon Commander)
-then they have to get everyone moved into rooms, then move people around in rooms to get squad and fireteam integrity, then they have to move rooms again because they didn't get their SPC to approve them, then move again because a room that was not condemned is now condemned due to the mold problem...
and so forth and so forth...
-and then lastly, my favorite, they will have you fill out roster after roster after roster, print dozens of copies and updated copies then have you recheck them only to find mistakes and have to type them again...get used to it you will either fill out or correct a roster almost every week you are at TBS, including those in the field...

oh, and then just for fun they have to have everyone draw rifles and then arrange for an inspection...

There is alot to do that first week and it only gets worse...welcome to TBS

Mel920

Don't be that guy who starts off by asking for time off...

Actually, I'm that wife....sorry
I didn't know that was a bad question, but my husband just let me know why that's a dumb. I'm only asking because he was hoping to get into Bravo but his commissioning isn't until the week before. So I guess he's probably going to Charlie.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Mel920 said:
Actually, I'm that wife....sorry
I didn't know that was a bad question, but my husband just let me know why that's a dumb. I'm only asking because he was hoping to get into Bravo but his commissioning isn't until the week before. So I guess he's probably going to Charlie.

Better to do it here than in person...its a learning experience for everyone, my wife had a rough time at TBS but learned alot...if you have questions I would love to have her answer them for you...feel free to PM me if you want...Best of luck...

riley

I meant the English grammar exam (instead of the language test) - funny thing it was the hardest exam for me all 6 mos.

LegalWarrior

TBS - Check In

I also anticipate receiving orders to Bravo Co., TBS. kicking off on 09 JAN 06. So if I were to plan a trip, see family, over the Christmas holiday, before commencing active-duty, what would be a good date to make sure I was squared-away, in Stafford County, ready to check-in?

Crowbar

None