• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your circumstances for STA-21 acceptance

kag

Future Officer
So let's say I decide to just move forward with school. How should I break it off with my recruiters? I mean, I've already sworn into DEP. You can get out with a "DEP Discharge", but I'm worried that it will look bad when submitting an officer package in the future.

Hursel110

None
DEP doesn't mean anything. You have not bound yourself to anything untill you go to MEPS the second time and swear in again on your way to boot. Just tell your recruiter that you figured out what you want to do, and that it does not involve enlisting. He/she may try to threaten you with various forms of legal action. This is just a last ditch attempt to scare you into enlisting.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Some of the methods recruiters use to entice people are pretty underhanded. Threatening legal action is just plain wrong. Considering some of the things my recruiter did, however, I believe it happens.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I think it's safe to say that many recruiters have put thier own interests ahead of the future servicemember's. Fortunatly AWs members are here to share unbiased advice and experience. ;)

pdx

HSM Pilot
FMRAM said:
I think it's safe to say that many recruiters have put thier own interests ahead of the future servicemember's. Fortunatly AWs members are here to share unbiased advice and experience. ;)

At least our bias is just toward amusing ourselves. I don't seem to have a definite quota though:)

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
FMRAM said:

Especially with recruiters coming under pressure to "fill the slots" during time of war.

FMRAM

Unfortunatly my "quota" is down for the fiscal year...guess I need to get out the club this weekend. :D

FMRAM

Spot said:
Especially with recruiters coming under pressure to "fill the slots" during time of war.

Ill be looking to "fill the slots" as well...:tongue2_1

nateb

I knew it. I'm surrounded by a**holes!
Stats:

HS: ~3.3GPA
College: none
SAT: 1360

Was a top-ranked AT2(AW) in an AIMD on a carrier with top performance in A and C schools, picked up AT1 in June 02, selected for STA-21(CORE) October 02.

I believe Steve has stated several times on this board that not only does the board reportedly look highly favorably on any good higher math performance included on your app, but it also pays off with your own personal development.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Welcome to the Spot-FMRAM thread. They like to talk to each other on Airwarriors even though they live down the hall from each other. You Newport guys are strange. Just kidding. Cheers! :D

jkdubs

Highschool GPA: N/A, GED recieved in 2000
College GPA: 15 Credits, 3.0ish grades
SAT Scores: 800 Verbal 690 Math
ASTB: 7's and 8's, OAR was 59.

Fleet stuff: #1 in bootcamp, A-school and C-school, push button E-4, EAWS in < 3 weeks, #1 recommendation from CO, letter of recommendation from my branch officer, and some outstanding out of command boards. I had less then two years served when I was picked up, made E-5 right after arriving at NSI.

Mark me down as a vote to stay the course in school. Enlisting to try and pursue commissioning programs is choosing a very complicated route. It will only serve to delay your education. Finish your education, and then if you still want to experience being an enlisted sailor, go ahead and then you can apply for OCS whenever you feel ready with much better odds then trying for a program like STA-21.