• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your background

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

What is easier? Trying to transfer a NFO to NA or go ground to NA? Too late to go ground, already signed air. Ground is also pretty hard to get now. I want air too bad, I dont think Id risk it.

Praying to get in 184

perchul

Well I've always wanted to be in the military but because of scholarships I figured it would be better to go to college first, went into college wanting to do the military thing never really go around to it because my head was up my a** and really had little prior knowledge of what it entailed. One thing I can tell you is that I can't stand the dominant undisciplined fat person civilian mentality so I figured Marines would be best.

Tolerance only benefits the weak

LadyJayUSN

<---- Enlisted in the Navy 'cause it was the only branch of service to let me waddle through the door (I'm 5'4" and weighed close to 200 lbs at the time).

Besides, why join the Marines...afterall, we all know it only takes 1 good woman to do the job of a 'few good men'....

sly_125.gif
hehehe....

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

Mustangable

Well, Kevin, I guess my story isn't any more unique than any others, but I enlisted in the Marine Corps after two years of college, not knowing if I really wanted a career in what I was majoring in. Ever since I was in elementary school I held a mystical perception of what the Marine Corps was and what a Marine was; that he was someone that tried harder than anyone else to be more than what he was. I also knew I had a window to serve my country in that capacity, and had better try it out before that opportunity became a regret. A buddy of mine who ended up going into the 0300 department came back on leave and the way he carried himself differently from when I last saw him as a civillian sealed the deal for me.

My four years of enlistment were very different from what I had expected as a child, in fact they were better than I ever could have imagined. The overwhelming comradery and brotherhood compensates for any potential griping that comes with any job from time to time. Marines are held to a higher standard because our numbers are smaller and it is harder to hide and easier to be weeded out--just the nature of the Corps, I guess. You have to be someone who loves to train if you want to be successful in the Marines.

I have been out for two years now, at first considering a civillian career, but now I am pursuing a degree so I can get back in and fly some planes for the Corps and serve with my buddies again. I've wanted to fly like Superman ever since I was little, and until I get to Heavan this will probably be the closest I can get to that dream. I had to get out for a year or two before I realized I want to be an active duty Marine for as long as the Corps feels I am servicable. Hope this doesn't sound too preachy and all (I'm not a recruiter), but I can tell you the overwhelming majority of Marines out there, enlisted and commissioned, current and former, would tell you that they do not regret their experiences as a Marine, and that we are all family--it just stays with you.

If that sounds good to you, I say go for it, and let me be the first to say if and when you earn your title, "Welcome to the family, Marine!"

God Bless,

Ben

chiplee

Registered Boozer
pilot
I guess this is the best thread for my first post. I never knew this site existed, but I wish I had before I went through the program. You guys have a valuable resource here. I'll try to contribute as much as I can but I just finished the RAG in Va Beach so I'll be moving to Beaufort in a couple weeks. As for my background: After highschool I told a recruiter I would join the Marine Corps if I thought I might fly. He was a of the rare "honest" variety, so he said he couldn't promise me that, but an OSO could get me an air contract. So I enlisted because I was itching to be a marine ASAP. During college I drilled as an 0311 with E Co. 2/25 in Harrisburg Pa. I went to OCS juniors and seniors during two summers, got commissioned and went to API, primary, advanced (TS) selected Hornets and came here to VA Beach for the RAG or FRS as it's called these days. I just finished the FRS like two days ago so I'm finally making it to the fleet. It's weird seeing the topics of these forums. It's alot of training but when your job is your favorite thing to do, you've really done yourself a favour. trust me.

stay motivated

Status
Not open for further replies.