• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You know it's a good day when...

phrogpilot73

HMMT-204 I believe. But most of them were just captains here at TBS, it seems the majority of pilots here are phrug bubbas (sorry Matt...Phrog). I'm doomed for talking smack about your platform, surely I'll end up flying them for all of this! NO!
Doesn't exist. It's VMMT-204. V-22 training squadron. The only HMMT is HMMT-164 in CA. Phrog squadrons in New River are HMM-261, 264, and 365. The others (162, 263, 266)have gone the way of the devils whirly-bird. There's also HMM-774 from Norfolk and HMX-1 flying Phrogs on the east coast. Did any of them fly a Phrog up there, or did they just show up to drink beer?

It's no surprise that the majority of pilots there are Phrog bubbas... Hence the term "Phrog Mafia."

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
TMO stands for Traffic Management Office. It's the civilian entity that handles all things relocation, i.e. shipping, storing, delivering your household goods to another duty station.

Is that what the USMC calls it? That's what it's called in the AF. It's called Personal Property in the Navy.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Doesn't exist. It's VMMT-204. V-22 training squadron. The only HMMT is HMMT-164 in CA. Phrog squadrons in New River are HMM-261, 264, and 365. The others (162, 263, 266)have gone the way of the devils whirly-bird. There's also HMM-774 from Norfolk and HMX-1 flying Phrogs on the east coast. Did any of them fly a Phrog up there, or did they just show up to drink beer?

It's no surprise that the majority of pilots there are Phrog bubbas... Hence the term "Phrog Mafia."

Yeh they just showed up for the beer. All of the Lts and some wives were eagerly awaiting that exciting approach and landing of the CH-46 and were sorely disappointed when nothing showed up. Personally, I didn't understand what the big deal was, but maybe that's because I was with a Harrier squadron for five years, and have seen much better aerial displays of power.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
All of the Lts and some wives were eagerly awaiting that exciting approach and landing of the CH-46 and were sorely disappointed when nothing showed up.

I'm sure they showed up. They were just 40 minutes late and landed in the wrong LZ, 10 miles from where they were expected. Basically phrog SOP.

Personally, I didn't understand what the big deal was, but maybe that's because I was with a Harrier squadron for five years, and have seen much better aerial displays of power.

Once you seen the Varsity in action, JV just won't do.:icon_smil

KBayDog

They were just 40 minutes late and landed in the wrong LZ, 10 miles from where they were expected. Basically phrog SOP.

40 minutes, huh? You must have been flying with external tanks to get that much time. I'm sure you were still flying on fumes by then.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
This could get really good ...
popcorn.jpg

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
40 minutes, huh? You must have been flying with external tanks to get that much time. I'm sure you were still flying on fumes by then.

I'm sorry... did a phrog pilot speak again, or did somebody just fart?

I could swear I heard a guy who can barely carry a fireteam(-) with their gear to the wrong LZ criticize the mighty Jump Jet......

Work on it, junior.:icon_smil

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor

I could swear I heard a guy who can barely carry a fireteam(-) with their gear to the wrong LZ criticize the mighty Jump Jet......

Ouch! KBayDog, you going to take that? :eek:

KBayDog

I really, really look forward to floating with you.

HMM(Rein): We're looking for a Few Good SDOs.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Oh, it's okay. Not nearly as exciting as doing anything in a real military aircraft, but for someone who has never been behind the controls of any aircraft, it's pretty cool.

Oh, and my previous post was a joke referencing the classic "What % get jets?" question.

Just for clarification. I meant no dis-respect to any Marine flying anything anywhere at any time.

KBayDog

Oh, and my previous post was a joke referencing the classic "What % get jets?" question.

Just for clarification. I meant no dis-respect to any Marine flying anything anywhere at any time.

I know to what you were referring. No disrespect taken or assumed, but you've got to expect me to push back. :icon_smil