• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You have got to be $%^&ing me...

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
when we put our lives in your hands, we ask that you not abuse that trust; that you not take us to war over flimsy or false reasons; that you take us to war when it is absolutely necessary.

That's in the commissioning oath? ;)

I mean, I guess the gesture could be seen as significant in some circles, but give me a break, he swore an oath.

Carno

Insane
In my opinion it's cut and dry. He doesn't want to do what he is told, fine, he just has to go to jail.

You know, UCMJ and all that.

phrogpilot73

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs19056

I have no words. Be sure to read the transcript where he "justifies" his actions...

I have words (and no, I did not read all of his words...) - and they are:

This pathetic waste of a human being should rot in a military jail for a very long time. Last I checked, we did not take an oath to an administration, a policy, or a conflict. We take an oath to the Constitution of the United States, and promise that we will follow the orders of our superiors. He must have missed that part.

What disgusts me is that I serve this country because I love everything that it represents. More importantly, I love the freedoms and guarantees, as well as the flexibility that is in the Constitution, and I am willing to DIE for these very ideas.

He truly disgusts me.

snake020

Contributor
If he had written his Congressman/Senators, that'd be perfectly acceptable/legal, but this is a publicity stunt. He'll have a lot of time to think about it behind Leavenworth.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
People might be confusing the Enlistment and Officer Oaths

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/faq/oaths.htm

He thinks what he is doing is right and willing to serve time for that.
Fine by me. America is never short of leaders im sure the Army
can replace him soon enough.

Its not fine by me.. this only goes to show that he lacks the dedication and mental toughness to follow seemingly "controversial" orders. You follow orders, end of statement, even if you might have some issues with it. What I don't understand is that, regardles of right or wrong, HIS fellow soldiers are under fire in Iraq. His unwillingness to perform his duties as an officer shows that hes not willing to step up to the plate and help to protect his buddies. The man just doesn't belong in our nation's military.

invertedflyer

Its definitely for publicity/ personal statement... We've all called it, his fellow soldiers will still be suffering in Iraq while hes behind bars.

Carno

Insane
If he's obviously not fit for duty in our nation's military, why do you have a problem with him trying to get out?

invertedflyer

If he's obviously not fit for duty in our nation's military, why do you have a problem with him trying to get out?

Cuz I'm cool like that :icon_smil

No, seriously... I take issue on a philosophical level with anyone that would put himself above his troops. If he wants to get out he can resign his commission.

invertedflyer

As phrog, I only read the first half where he explained his reasons... If he truly tried to resign then it at least gives him a little bit more credit... but still, I'd say he's putting his personal beliefs ahead of his troops...which I would still disagree with.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
WATADA: I think the facts are out there, they're not difficult to find, they just take a little bit of willingness and interest on behalf of anyone who is willing to seek out the truth and find the facts. All of it is in the mainstream media.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
^^^^^^^^^^

My favorite part as well.

You follow orders, end of statement, even if you might have some issues with it.

Inverted...no. There are unlawful orders which we are obligated, especially as comissioned officers, to question. I would highly suggest that you take an ethics course, particularly one related to the military before you comission. This is definitely one of the biggest misconceptions and misunderstandings floating around the military.