• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You Didn't See Me

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I don't know how many of you guys ride motorcycles on here, but I've ridden my whole life and I thought this video pretty much hit the nail on the head.

gaetabob

pilot
when i rode, i could count on having at least one near death experience per day (usually a soccer mom in her minivan or ford excursion)...four wheelers have got to learn how to start looking for motorcycles, that they have equal right to the road as well (we all pay the same taxes)...and realize that when they tailgate us on the highway, the only rear crumple zone a motorcycle has is the a$$ of the rider!

snake020

Contributor
Great vid, but unfortunately watch out for motorcycle vids only preach to the choir. Between the torn up roads from studded tires and the mental retardation of the local population, my bike has stayed in the garage most of my alaska tour.

Tiltedsky

pilot
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing that on the air. I left my bikes at home for my stint in P-cola, haven't regretted it at all yet.

red92gt

NFO? no. SNA? not yet. FNG? yep.
People don't see you, they don't bother trying. I used to ride, and to be honest I miss it a ton. However, after a totaled bike and three broken bones courtesy of some idiot in a minivan, it's not worth the risk. I missed OCS (hit 5 days before shipping), and still can't run unless I absolutely have to. Four months later.

insanebikerboy

pilot
None
Contributor
Just goes to show you that you've gotta ride like every one the road is trying to kill you.

Exactly, I'm not going to forgo the enjoyment of riding my bike because of stupid people. It just means that I pay more attention to every car, intersection, and anything else while I'm on the road.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
The day I found out I was PRO-REC'd was the last day I had rode (late Sept) until Saturday night. Too many close calls... it just wasn't worth it. I went out late on a ride down Pacific Coast Highway... Such a nice ride at night with no one else on the road :)
Went riding today without issue, but I do remember riding all summer with daily occurances of near death experiences. Good video, I wish they aired it on the TV around here... it's too bad that I doubt many people would even understand what they are getting at. For anyone riding, stay safe...
Also for anyone riding... I have pretty much stopped due to the risk of injury with my dream job on the line. Seem like decent logic???

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The day I found out I was PRO-REC'd was the last day I had rode (late Sept) until Saturday night. Too many close calls... it just wasn't worth it. I went out late on a ride down Pacific Coast Highway... Such a nice ride at night with no one else on the road :)
Went riding today without issue, but I do remember riding all summer with daily occurances of near death experiences. Good video, I wish they aired it on the TV around here... it's too bad that I doubt many people would even understand what they are getting at. For anyone riding, stay safe...
Also for anyone riding... I have pretty much stopped due to the risk of injury with my dream job on the line. Seem like decent logic???

I find it interesting that some of you guys are having all these near death close call incidents, while I've been riding >15 years and have really only had a couple with zero accidents, and that's with almost daily riding on SOCAL freeways and city streets. Maybe you should reexamine your riding styles. ;)

Edit: Maybe you guys should get louder pipes. :D

Brett

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
A LOT of mine have been from this one road where the lane 1 is left turn only, lane 2 is left or straight, 3 is straight only, and for SOME reason everyone turns left from lane 3 (so if you go straight in lane #2 you nearly get hit all the time). Its a driver not looking issue. The rest have all been around campus, which if you are familiar with UCI should make sense.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A LOT of mine have been from this one road where the lane 1 is left turn only, lane 2 is left or straight, 3 is straight only, and for SOME reason everyone turns left from lane 3 (so if you go straight in lane #2 you nearly get hit all the time). Its a driver not looking issue. The rest have all been around campus, which if you are familiar with UCI should make sense.

Sounds to me as though your deliberately and repeatedly riding through known hazardous areas. ;)

Brett

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
ya I rode all the way from palm springs to malibu (friend's house) on the 10 and , let's just say when traffic wasn't at a complete standstill, I was being cut-off non-stop. I guess a vulcan 750's pipes are no match for DVD-player and LCD screen laden headrests and 500W audio systems... Since I got my pre-commissioning loan and car, I never ride my bike anymore. I want a crotch-rocket anyway.:icon_wink

insanebikerboy

pilot
None
Contributor
I find it interesting that some of you guys are having all these near death close call incidents, while I've been riding >15 years and have really only had a couple with zero accidents, and that's with almost daily riding on SOCAL freeways and city streets. Maybe you should reexamine your riding styles. ;)

Edit: Maybe you guys should get louder pipes. :D

Brett

Yeah, ditto on that. While stupid drivers exist everywhere, I've yet to have a situation where I've locked up the rear or anything more drastic, and I've ridden for about as long as Brett. I think it's a big part of riding style and also looking for cars where cars might not normally be, and reacting to then before they actually do something.

Loud pipes are the coolest :icon_smil