• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet Another New Member

JMartel

Right. Well, I've been getting opinions from all over the spectrum from people. Some love it, some hate it, some are indifferent. I won't know for myself until after I get out to the fleet, hopefully with wings.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Seems to me it was not so long ago (maybe 10 years) when they drafted a bunch of SNA's right out of primary to go fly C-9's as a sort of "let's see how this idea goes."

Point is: it's happened before.

I stand corrected. You have a .0001% chance of selecting VR out of primary.:D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Hello everyone,

I figured I would go ahead and introduce myself since I have recently began to lurk around the forums. Basically, my story is that I am currently a MIDN 1/C studying in Ocean Engineering at Virginia Tech. However, I'm planning on graduating in December of 2010, so I have an extra semester to do before commissioning.

I recently got back from my 1/C summer cruise with VRC-30 for a month and it was awesome. I got a ton of flight time and couldn't have asked for anything better.

I'm not even going to bother asking about what my chances are for getting accepted to flight school, or what percentage get jets, or any other nonsense like that. I figure I have a decent shot at getting a slot, with an 8/7/7 (can't remember OAR, 61 maybe?) and a 3.05 GPA, but it is all dependent on how many the Navy decides to take and what my competition is. If I get in, I think I will be happy with any carrier based plane/helo. No offense to the P-3 guys, but when I think of naval aviation, my first thought goes to carriers. That being said, whatever I get is what I get and I will make the most of it.

Edited to remove a stupid comment made.

That's what I'm talking about, my old playground, VRC-30 out of San Dog!! Always had good times there. Yes, go tailhook...screw the P-3 guys!! :icon_smil