• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet another moving question.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Wow this topic really spiralled out of control.

Easiest thing to do is talk to Admin when you get there, they will be able to answer whatever questions you have. As far as lying, I was going on your own account of saying "can I just claim that I drove and use whatever I get to pay for my expenses?", ie saying you drove when you didn't. Now you could probably get away with it and it would be easier paperwork wise, but then again why don't you just put in the claim in for what actually happened? Claim the train ride and even if they won't reimburse you for the full amount of shipping your car they may match what your per diem would have been.

I am not going to even touch the fraud thing though I think the comparisons that have been drawn to BAH and sleeping in a friends car are a far stretch from an "actual" fraud case of say filing a DITY claim and then having a buddy add your stuff to his for a PCS to the same location. I know of someone who did that...

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
P_ubhi18 said:
Just so everyone knows, I did a search but I didn't find my answer. I would like to go to quantico via train but my car has to go with me. Being a PLC'er, I am not on active duty and won't be until the 24th on this month, the day that I am supposed to check in.

If I have my car shipped over, will I be reimbursed for the cost of the shipping as well as my train ticket? I know that if I drive, I will get a per diem rate, which works out to be about $1400 for the 3000 miles I have to travel. Can I just claim that I drove and use whatever I get to pay for my expenses? I don't have anything to move so it's really just me and my clothes. What do you guys suggest I do?

I suggest you drive. Why not just use the travel money for what it's intended for? Take your time, have a nice relaxed drive and enjoy not being at TBS yet.

KBayDog

E5B said:
I suggest your drive. Why not just use the travel money for what it's intended for? Take your time, have a nice relaxind drive and enjoy not being at TBS yet.

Concur. Traveling between duty stations is a great opportunity to visit places you might not normally visit - think of it as a paid "road trip."

LegalWarrior

Variation on a theme

Can you make your move before orders and then get retroactively reimbursed?

My wife and I finished school, but knew that I would not get orders to TBS for another 4-6 months. Finding the temporary job market much better in Northern Virginia than in Southeastern South Dakota (Home of Record), we rented a truck, packed up, and moved near Quantico.

I kept all the receipts and weight documents. I anticipate TBS orders for C-Co., April. 10 (almost 11 months after the move).

Do you think I have a shot?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
LegalWarrior said:
Can you make your move before orders and then get retroactively reimbursed?

My wife and I finished school, but knew that I would not get orders to TBS for another 4-6 months. Finding the temporary job market much better in Northern Virginia than in Southeastern South Dakota (Home of Record), we rented a truck, packed up, and moved near Quantico.

I kept all the receipts and weight documents. I anticipate TBS orders for C-Co., April. 10 (almost 11 months after the move).

Do you think I have a shot?

I was in EXACTLY the same situation and they had no problem reimbursing me for travel...yeah you have a shot...