• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet. Another. Hurricane.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
It might be a hurricane but looks like it will be a weaker one. It will become a hurricane just before it hits landfall from what it looks like from that picture.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A tropical storm is not a hurricane. And with max sustained winds of 45 MPH right now, it isn't even close. Did you fail Metro?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Fly Navy said:
A tropical storm is not a hurricane. And with max sustained winds of 45 MPH right now, it isn't even close. Did you fail Metro?

If you look at the map, it has a h right before it hits land with winds above 73. Did you fail map reading?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mules83 said:
If you look at the map, it has a h right before it hits landfall with winds above 73. Did you fail map reading?

No, but apparently you did. It's not a hurricane yet, so therefore it is not Hurricane Katrina. NOAA officially calls it a Tropical Storm. Did you go Back to the Future?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh-t." -Dr. Emmett Brown

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Did you fail Metro?

Actually that was one of the few tests I did well on. :icon_tong Too bad they close the beaches in FL when those come in. In Texas its the best time to hit the surf.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
Actually that was one of the few tests I did well on. :icon_tong Too bad they close the beaches in FL when those come in. In Texas its the best time to hit the surf.

That's because the Coast Guard and the Police don't want to pick up your stupid dead body. People do the same in MA when a hurricane swings near (once in a while) and someone almost invariably dies or gets hurt. Guess what happens if they rescue you and you ignored all their warnings? You get to pay the bill!

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Guess what happens if they rescue you and you ignored all their warnings? You get to pay the bill!

I couldn't agree more, but you should have seen the people here in Corpus when Emily hit, and the only people that had to be rescued were fishermen on a boat off shore.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
I couldn't agree more, but you should have seen the people here in Corpus when Emily hit, and the only people that had to be rescued were fishermen on a boat off shore.

I mean, I could care less if you want to surf when a hurricane is nearby, just if you get hurt or die, don't complain.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
well, its a hurricane now... and will be across the peninsula in a bit... and will gather more strength...

to all you Marines out there... please do not stand on the beach for this one... (if you were in Rosy-Roads for Hugo, you'll understand)