• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

YET ANOTHER F#$%ING PRK QUESTION.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vballindaytona

michael, i think you and i have seen every official document the navy has regarding prk. i have neither heard/nor seen anything of the sort, But........as we know, the navy changes its policys by the hour.

jonathan

vballindaytona

hey michael, i found something that you might want to look at. concentrate on one of the "c" sections it states:

UNDERWENT PHOTOREFRACTIVE KERATECTOMY PRK AT LEAST 3
MONTHS PRIOR TO ENROLLMENT.

thats for all sna's. now this is from oct 2000, that stuff on flightinfo.com though, i HAVE seen that before, and it looks really familiar, nomi may be lacking updating their website.

jonathan

http://navymedicine.med.navy.mil/PRK/Aviation_study_clarification_msg.txt

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Michael,
Don't know if this helps much, but my pre-op was right about -5.50 and I had to wait only three months. Everything I've heard and been told up through getting the waiver said three months. I wouldn't worry about it too much. My guess would be that its either just a Coastie thing or a misinformation of sorts. Hope this helps.

Sam

dawgfighter

Michael,

Do you still have the address for the Dr. at NOMI? I have a few questions to ask him about getting waivers. If you do, send it to me off the list.

Thanks,
Erin
P.S. Let me know about the magazine

GO NAVY!!!

vballindaytona

hey erin, when i thought i had to get prk i talked to this guy, he is really nice and really good at returning emails. heres his info:

CAPT Dwight C. Fulton, MC, USN, FS
Director Aerospace Medicine
BUMED 23
2300 E Street NW
Washington, DC 20372-5300
Work (202) 762-3451
FAX (202) 762-3464
Email: dcfulton@us.med.navy.mil

Jonathan

Spaceman Spiff

Hey Michael, I'll send you the e-mail I got from the NOMI doc, it said that I had to wait 6months but I'm pretty sure my refractice error is under -5...I'll send it to you. This is confusing the heck out of me too but don't sweat it, atleast we have the chance right?

Kris

Spaceman Spiff

Hey Michael, I'll send you the e-mail I got from the NOMI doc, it said that I had to wait 6months but I'm pretty sure my refractice error is under -5...I'll send it to you. This is confusing the heck out of me too but don't sweat it, atleast we have the chance right?

Kris

vballindaytona

hey michael,

that thing on that website says navy on it.
I have the same document in my folder and it says navy also.

jonathan

DBLang

PLC Candidate
What do you do while you wait around? Does the navy give you other jobs, or do you just do whatever?

JTP

Pull ups??? I thought the PRT was just the 1.5 mile run, situps, and pushups??? No?

YEAH COME ON!!

Shepherd

Thats just for Special Warfare/Operations PRT (and the Marines' PFT). Though the 9:00 minute 1.5 mile is pretty slow. However, doing 29 pull-ups is impressive.

A posteriori

Spaceman Spiff

I feel for ya Mike, i thought my carecredit plan that I paid for my PRK was 12 months no payments no interests. I asked the nurses 3 different times and was told yes to everyone of them. Had i read the details a lil' more thoroughly i would've caught the 12 months no interest w/ minimum monthly payments. Now I have another $70 a month added to my collection of bills and student loans What can I say? Brain fart. But on the bright side I'm dealing w/ the extra stress w/ pushups and I'm one month closer to submitting my OCS packet compared to not having the PRK done had I caught the payment detail. Life goes on and thank God for grandma's and girlfriends...'cuz of them I can handle the extra payments. Laters.

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.