• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yes Virginia, Actions DO Have Consequences

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
As my army buddy said, "getting caught up in the moment" is something we try to train our officers not to do.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess he could always join the Marine Corps. He's perfect for the infantry. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

rare21

pilot
Contributor
They wont take him as a grunt? If he really wants to serve theres gotta be a waiver!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Man, somebody call the wahmbulance...kid got caught being a douchebag without a decent lawyer...he fails to realize how many law-abiding citizens would gladly take his spot without spending their free time rioting in support of a guy who didn't care about child molestation if it interfered with his precious football team...deserves what he got.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Glad he made "an error in judgement" while he was at Penn State and not out in the field flying a helo or whatever he was going to do.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With the vehicle already on two wheels and going over, Strine placed his palms on the hood. Four seconds later, the van was on its side. But that's all it took for police and prosecutors to charge him with felony counts of riot and criminal mischief — the same charges filed against students who did the actual pushing.

Poor kid...he's innocent. Really... :rolleyes: He was just resting his palms...

So much BS here...not sorry for him at all. He had to get up and drive to where it was going on...

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I am a bit surprised that a self-proclaimed conservative news organization such as Fox News writes this story with an obviously bleeding-heart liberal bias. It makes statements like he "found himself in a crowd" and "With the van already on two wheels and going over, Strine placed his palms on the hood," written purposefully in passive voice to attempt to absolve Strine from blame. The article makes excuses for why he didn't contest the charges and implies that they were all due to an unfair system rather than the plainly obvious fact that he was guilty, and makes it sound like the school was guilty of not informing him that his misconduct would also have military consequences (sidenote: I'm quite positive that the ROTC unit told him to keep his nose clean when he signed up, and gave him the full schpeil about how he'd be held to a higher standard of conduct than other students his age). Then it closes with a quote from his friend about how he got a "raw deal" and a sob-statement about how this guy really, really just wanted an opportunity to serve his country.

At first I almost bought it and thought they unfairly threw the book at the guy. But if some jackass college student flipped my car over because his coach got fired, I'd want him to spend a few weeks in jail, too. And I wouldn't want him in my Navy (or Army).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I am a bit surprised that a self-proclaimed conservative news organization such as Fox News writes this story with an obviously bleeding-heart liberal bias. It makes statements like he "found himself in a crowd" and "With the van already on two wheels and going over, Strine placed his palms on the hood," written purposefully in passive voice to attempt to absolve Strine from blame. The article makes excuses for why he didn't contest the charges and implies that they were all due to an unfair system rather than the plainly obvious fact that he was guilty, and makes it sound like the school was guilty of not informing him that his misconduct would also have military consequences (sidenote: I'm quite positive that the ROTC unit told him to keep his nose clean when he signed up, and gave him the full schpeil about how he'd be held to a higher standard of conduct than other students his age). Then it closes with a quote from his friend about how he got a "raw deal" and a sob-statement about how this guy really, really just wanted an opportunity to serve his country.

At first I almost bought it and thought they unfairly threw the book at the guy. But if some jackass college student flipped my car over because his coach got fired, I'd want him to spend a few weeks in jail, too. And I wouldn't want him in my Navy (or Army).

My initial thought was that it was to display some sort of bias...you can pick whichever one you want to identify with. But now that you mention it was Fox News (something I didn't notice initially), it probably has much more to do with the fact that it's just lousy reporting. Not that the other major outlets are any better.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Media literacy: look at the byline. It's written by the Associated Press. Reuters and McClatchy do the same thing.

"I remember him saying, 'All I wanted to do was serve my country, and now I can't because of one little mistake that was caught on tape."

I actually laughed out loud at that part

TruckieFD

Spartan
We ALL got the same speech by either recruiters or Officer Selection Officers, whether you were USA USMC USN USAF or USCG, its all the same...Keep your nose out of trouble, or pay for it. This kid was dumb enough to get involved or even be linked to this situation, now he's got to pay for it. I don't care if Dad is an Army Officer, you make your bed, lay in it...And don't be a Whine-ass