• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yahoo! Were #48, last place, Yahoo!!!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It'd be interesting to see the breakdown of violent crime per capita next to the Brady spreadsheet.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Fucking. Hotel. Sheets?

Holy Mother of Jumpin' Jesus...

Someone needs to smack fucking Lupe (mentioned in the article) to STFU and pay some taxes before her illegal ass gets to fucking influence legislation. Fuck California and it's stupid, corrupt legislative officials. Heinlein's model of government looks better and better...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Fucking. Hotel. Sheets?

Someone needs to smack fucking Lupe (mentioned in the article) to STFU and pay some taxes before her illegal ass gets to fucking influence legislation. Fuck California and it's stupid, corrupt legislative officials. Heinlein's model of government looks better and better...

How do you know she is an illegal immigrant?

AJB37

Fucking. Hotel. Sheets?

It's actually not so much the legislative officials that cause the problem as it is that we allow any retard with a pulse and 1000 signatures to get any referendum on a ballot.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Did I say illegal immigrant? I said 'illegal' which could merely mean that Lupe was breaking the law by not paying any taxes...just like a disturbingly large percentage of people in this country. It COULD have meant that, but I'll be the first one to admit that it wouldn't have been my intent to imply that. While Lupe may be a card carrying resident alien, or even a full fledged citizen, I think the smart money is probably on her not being either. Call it cultural insensitivity, a rash generalization, unfair stereotyping, racial profiling, or whatever you like. You're not going to hurt my feelings. I haven't had any damn cultural sensitivity training lately, and the booze would probably numb whatever minute lasting effect it had on me right now.

MPH

It'd be interesting to see the breakdown of violent crime per capita next to the Brady spreadsheet.

Ask, and ye shall receive! The forum isn't allowing me to upload an .xlsx file, so I had to use another location.

http://www.2shared.com/file/EHFDZCKm/BRADY.html

At the bottom of the comparison page, you'll find the correlation coefficient. I found Brady's so laughably low that I decided to pick a statistic and see how it did. My "random" stat is 75% correlated to the safety of a state from violent crime!

But I bet that none of you would enforce a policy advocating decreasing crime by increasing my statistic.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Ah yes, Alaska coming in number 1...er...49...er, whatever, it's awesome.

Most cops I talk to up here rather like it. One said to me, "Sometimes the only backup you'll have is a citizen with a gun. While it's not as good as a trained officer, who speaks cop, it beats the HELL out of being alone!" <--statie

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor

Awesome. For all the nonsense my classmate Colin Goddard puts out, I know more people at Virginia Tech wish they were permitted to carry their firearm on campus, than not. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6, and all that.

I've never understood the concept of "i don't want to carry a gun and I think they are bad, which means you shouldn't be allowed to carry yours."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Awesome. For all the nonsense my classmate Colin Goddard puts out, I know more people at Virginia Tech wish they were permitted to carry their firearm on campus, than not. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6, and all that.

I've never understood the concept of "i don't want to carry a gun and I think they are bad, which means you shouldn't be allowed to carry yours."

As much as I agree with your sentiment, I don't have the balls to carry-through. Shoot someone in CA, and risk going to prison as a clean-cut, middle-class guy relegated to prison rape for the duration of your sentence, unless you fight back and tack on to your original sentence... don't get me started about the criminal justice system and prison culture (=/= rehabilitation).

Unfortunately, all they are doing is disarming law-abiding citizens...

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
As much as I agree with your sentiment, I don't have the balls to carry-through. Shoot someone in CA, and risk going to prison as a clean-cut, middle-class guy relegated to prison rape for the duration of your sentence, unless you fight back and tack on to your original sentence... don't get me started about the criminal justice system and prison culture (=/= rehabilitation).

Unfortunately, all they are doing is disarming law-abiding citizens...

No self respecting jury in SW Virginia is going to convict anyone for defending themselves, especially not in a multiple victim, single shooter scenario after 2007. If you're unfortunate enough to live in California...move.