• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Xd(m) .40

H60Gunner

Contributor
I'm looking into buying a XD(M) .40 as a graduation/commissioning gift for myself and wanted to know if any of you have any yeas or nays about it, thanks!

http://www.the-m-factor.com/

I cannot speak to the XD, wrt ergonomics, reliability, ease of carry etc..
If you can rent one or borrow one, shoot it and see if you like it.

I just picked up a S&W M&P in .357 Sig and am very happy with it. Ergonomics alone make it a sweet wep to shoot.

I believe the .40 S&W and .357 Sig are both excellent calibers. An added bonus, which has been discussed here, is interchangeability. For under 150 duckets you can buy a drop in barrel for either one and shoot both calibers out of the same pistol.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was on the range qualifying for the Sheriff's office last weekend and some guys were say the XD was Croatian, actually imported to the U.S. at one point and didn't do well. Springfield slaps it's name on it and people can't get enough of them.That so?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Was on the range qualifying for the Sheriff's office last weekend and some guys were say the XD was Croatian, actually imported to the U.S. at one point and didn't do well. Springfield slaps it's name on it and people can't get enough of them.That so?

True story; my early SA licensed version had a Croatian 'crest' on top of the slide .... one of the two designers/owners of HS Produkt -- Marko Vukovic
-- was supposedly a 'war criminal' in the Serbian/Bosnian dustup's of the '90's ...

I didn't 'like it' mainly 'cause of the short 1911 style grip-strap safety -- it would keep you from opening/locking the slide back unless it was depressed.

HS Produkt firearms manufacturing company ...

HS 2000/Springfield XD (Croatia)

hs-xd-4.jpg

SQUIDutah

pilot
I own one, and love it. Buy the entire kit. If you find .40 ammo, buy it all up (or call me with the location). I am almost ready to get a re-loader.

MasterBates

Not only is the ammo more expensive than 9mm, it is equally hard to find. If I was going pick a chamber based on price and availability, it would be .357 Sig. Every Wal-Mart within 50 miles is totally sold out of ammo, except for .357 Sig. They have boxes and boxes of that stuff, and it's pretty much the same price as 9mm.

I can't get 357 SIG for less than $32 a box anywhere in the Norfolk area (havent checked in a couple weeks though).

Bevo16

pilot
Well, Wal-Mart has it for $27 down here. They also have 9mm for $22, but that shelf is empty.

Brighton Arms up about 10 miles north of Millington has Winchester white box (50 rounds) for $15.99. I am about to go exclusively to shooting re-loads at the range. I have a membership that gives me 10% off their ammo prices, so I will be able to get a box of 500 for $100.

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
Thanks for all of the input, I've shot my friend's XD .40 a few times and really liked it, my main concern was if the XD(M) was worth the few changes that came with the increased price tag. Looks like I will be buying one in a few weeks.

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
Just a quick update, got my XDm .40 today, hopefully I will be able to shoot it within the next week and report back, I'm stoked!

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
IMHO the XD .40 is eerily similar to the Glock design. My roommate and I both own a Glock 23 (in .40). It's compact and light so good for carrying if you're into that thing. The one thing that I think Glock has over the XD is it's grip angle. Glock is the only gun company so far that has changed their grip angle to fit the natural wrist angle. If you match any handgun's grip with a Glock you will notice that the other handgun inherently points towards the dirt which forces you to break your wrists when you shoot...not at all natural, and can make you less accurate.

Just my $.02

sodajones

Combat Engineer
My favorite plastic .40 is the FNP40. It just naturally fits my hand and it's more accurate than me.