• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Xd.45

WEGL

My folks just ordered my graduation present, the Springfield XD .45. The dealer said it wasn't available with night sights. Does anyone know where to get them? Thanks.

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
I have those on my Glock and my Sig and they are amazing. Sorry to hear you settled for an XD.

pdx

HSM Pilot
I have those on my Glock and my Sig and they are amazing. Sorry to hear you settled for an XD.

Even if you prefer the Glock or Sig, there is no reason to bash the XD. It is a solid weapon with lots of advantages. Plus its a .45!

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure if you're interested, but the Springfield will put tritium sights on for you if you mail your gun to the factory. Check out the Custom Shop part of their website.

FlytheBall

pilot
The fact that its made by springfield, and the fact that they stole/bought the idea from another company. Its not even their own orignial design. Plus I just think they are boxy and not very enjoyable to shoot. Shoot a nice sig and i guarantee you will never want to shoot an XD again. Sorry if I view the .45 as a negative. Check out the stats on the .357 sig caliber. Less weight and bulkiness of a .45 plus the amazing amount of '# out of the muzzle not to mention much better accuracy and controllable recoil.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Trijicons are good; I've got them on several pistols. Or try Heinie, if you'll excuse the expression -- some of the best sights in the business. I have their SlantPro series night sights on my XD-40 and a Heinie phone-person says they fit both pistols .40 and .45. ;)

Check with tech support first ... touch this: http://www.heinie.com/newindex.php

newred.jpg
eight.gif

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Boo Hoo, basically the XD is an improved Glock. Ever had the slide on your glock hit your hand? That **** sucks. The XD eliminates that in the way the grip is designed. Even looking through the sights is easier with the XD, because of the angle that it rests in your hand. I recently got to shoot a whole bunch of guns, and besides for the baby eagle, the XD was my fav.

FlytheBall

pilot
No, and I have never shot myself with it either. Blame the user not the gun.

You dont like the three dot trijicon over the other? I think the 3 dots make it real easy. Three green lights center mass and squeeze = guaranteed to hit.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You dont like the three dot trijicon over the other? I think the 3 dots make it real easy. Three green lights center mass and squeeze = guaranteed to hit.
**Sigh** ... Please reread ... you've GOT to learn to R.T.F.Q. if you're going to be successful as an Aviator.

I said .... "Trijicons are good; I've got them on several pistols". Did I say ... "don't like??" :confused: And there are no guarantees .... that's the only guarantee.:eek:

BUT: I have instructed and used this stuff for a long, long time and I find the "straight-8" a little better for quick acquisition of your sight picture/target in low-light scenarios. Have you ever done a low-light (i.e., little/none) course??

It's an eye opener .... no pun. :)