• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Xd.45

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The fact that its made by springfield, and the fact that they stole/bought the idea from another company. Its not even their own orignial design. Plus I just think they are boxy and not very enjoyable to shoot. Shoot a nice sig and i guarantee you will never want to shoot an XD again. Sorry if I view the .45 as a negative. Check out the stats on the .357 sig caliber. Less weight and bulkiness of a .45 plus the amazing amount of '# out of the muzzle not to mention much better accuracy and controllable recoil.

.45 is hardly a problem to control in a full frame pistol.... my .40 Glock is harder on the recoil than my brick if a 1911. It's all relative.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Boo Hoo, basically the XD is an improved Glock. Ever had the slide on your glock hit your hand? That **** sucks. The XD eliminates that in the way the grip is designed. Even looking through the sights is easier with the XD, because of the angle that it rests in your hand. I recently got to shoot a whole bunch of guns, and besides for the baby eagle, the XD was my fav.

If you're getting bit by the slide on a Glock, you're doing something wrong. Fix your grip.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
The guys did work with me and I was pretty comfortable with them all, I guess I'm coming down pretty hard on the glock. (especially for somebody who just started shooting) I did like its weight compared to other pistols - MK23 - but I really synched with the XD.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The guys did work with me and I was pretty comfortable with them all, I guess I'm coming down pretty hard on the glock. (especially for somebody who just started shooting) I did like its weight compared to other pistols - MK23 - but I really synched with the XD.

The Mk23 is a brick and a half.

It's easy to knock Glock. It's inexpensive, mostly polymer, light (some see that as bad). Reality is though, they're tough as nails. I used to not like Glock... now I own one. Great pistol, takes abuse, very accurate.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I've shot both, and personally, I prefer the XD in any caliber. I'm very used to shooting 1911s, so the grip angle on the XD is much more preferrable (identical to the grip angle of a 1911) to my taste. The XDs I've shot have felt as tight and solid as they could possibly be while remaining flawlessly functional, and they were terrifically accurate (especially the .45, probably once again due to the familiarity of the feel of the caliber).

The Glocks I have shot have always felt kind of like...I dunno...missing something. They just don't feel right to me, and they don't feel as "instinctive," I suppose. The trigger on the XD is much better as well, but that's usually the case when dealing with SA vs. DA. Both are great guns for the price, but considering they are about the same price most places, give or take $50, it's XD for me. Just my two cents.

Having said all that, though, if you'll give me a SIG P226 or P220 for the same price, it's not even a contest. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....The Glocks I have shot have always felt kind of like...I dunno...missing something. They just don't feel right to me, and they don't feel as "instinctive...

Good explanation for those who keep banging their heads against the wall (?) on the proverbial "which pistol is best ..... ???" question.

Completely agree .... I've had 3-4 Glocks .... only have one now .... an upgraded Model 19 --- probably one of the next pistols I'll sell. Nothing 'wrong' with it ... it's a great little pistol. It's just never "fit" my hand as well as other pistols.

It's just not my "grip style". :)

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Having said all that, though, if you'll give me a SIG P226 or P220 for the same price, it's not even a contest. :D

They're not the same price...the base model of the P226 is 750 while the base model of the springfield is 560. ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
They're not the same price...the base model of the P226 is 750 while the base model of the springfield is 560. ;)

Uh... yeah, he was saying that if you could get him a SIG for the same price, he'd pick it over the Springfield. As would I. SIG > Springfield ;)