• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

X52 Anti Micro Set Up

fryer35

Hey guys! I just got my Logitech x52 set up for the Jantzen simulator and was wondering if anyone has a good setup that is as close to the real ASTB as possible. I'm mainly looking for a good stick and throttle speed/sensitivity. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

MotorCookie

The Anti-Micro default settings are close enough imo. Default difficulty on the sim is also pretty close.

The test is a little bit easier than the sim but you can't really replicate the precision, smoothness, and control the real test has.

dav246

The Anti-Micro default settings are close enough imo. Default difficulty on the sim is also pretty close.

The test is a little bit easier than the sim but you can't really replicate the precision, smoothness, and control the real test has.
I keep hittin like 80-120 on hard mode with the stick and throttle and dichotic listening, but my paranoid brain won't let me stop trying to get better. But this does help me feel a bit better. If I can score sub-100 reliably on hard mode, then default should be a breeze.

MotorCookie

I keep hittin like 80-120 on hard mode with the stick and throttle and dichotic listening, but my paranoid brain won't let me stop trying to get better. But this does help me feel a bit better. If I can score sub-100 reliably on hard mode, then default should be a breeze.
I have never been able to get under 130 on hard mode and that is not even with the dichotic listening. You're definitely more than good haha

dav246

I have never been able to get under 130 on hard mode and that is not even with the dichotic listening. You're definitely more than good haha
Hey, I read somewhere at some point that the emergency training knobs were backwards on the sim. Was that ever fixed?

MotorCookie

Hey, I read somewhere at some point that the emergency training knobs were backwards on the sim. Was that ever fixed?
Yes, the knobs are backward on the sim which is my fault and they haven't been fixed. A user named Petersonjr is the developer but he hasn't been active here recently. I'd recommend not using the emergency mode on the sim because you might develop some bad habits but it is a good example of what it'll be like on the real test.

On the real test, LOW is clockwise and HIGH is counter-clockwise. I took the test twice and can confirm that's how it was on both tests.

The sim has it the other way around.

Emergency section is honestly really easy and nothing to worry about as long as you write down the correct procedures. I'd worry more about the dichotic listening part.

dav246

Yes, the knobs are backward on the sim which is my fault and they haven't been fixed. A user named Petersonjr is the developer but he hasn't been active here recently. I'd recommend not using the emergency mode on the sim because you might develop some bad habits but it is a good example of what it'll be like on the real test.

On the real test, LOW is clockwise and HIGH is counter-clockwise. I took the test twice and can confirm that's how it was on both tests.

Emergency section is honestly really easy and nothing to worry about as long as you write down the correct procedures. I'd worry more about the dichotic listening part.
Yeah I didn't plan on practicing too much for that one, because I did fine-ish on my first go around, only a couple times at most for a little familliarity. Still love the update.

dav246

Hey cookie, just had a thought. On the sim, for the emergency portion, you have to press "enter" after knob adjustment. Is there a similar input on the actual test too? If so, I have just realized yet another error on my first ASTB attempt.

MotorCookie

Hey cookie, just had a thought. On the sim, for the emergency portion, you have to press "enter" after knob adjustment. Is there a similar input on the actual test too? If so, I have just realized yet another error on my first ASTB attempt.
Are you using Anti-MicroX for your joystick and throttle? You can map the "Enter" button on your keyboard to the clutch button on the throttle. On the real test you will be pressing the clutch button.

Here's where the clutch button is:

clutch.png

I don't know if it'll work on your PC, but if you're using AntiMicroX, you can use the settings file I've been using before I took the test. I attached it below. It has all the needed buttons mapped already.

Were you pressing Enter on the keyboard during the real test?

Attachments

• x52joystick.zip
    614 bytes · Views: 34

MotorCookie

Nah, on the real thing I was just adjusting the knobs and then doing nothing, totally missed I was supposed to press something after adjustments. Oops.

Man no wonder I got a 4.
I bet after correcting that mistake next time you'll have a way higher score. But yeah you'll press the clutch button a total of 3 times. One for everytime you adjust the knobs for an emergency.