• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Writing young adult book - need some CQ questions answered, please?

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Santa_1_Wire-Eddy_small.jpg

Santa doesn't need any help.....

I dunno.... I'm no LSO, but it looks like: NEPIM, NER, CDIC, No Grade!
[Not enough power in the middle, not enough reindeer, come down in close!]
Santa's the ace of the base, but maybe he gotta feed those reindeer more hay! :D :D :D

PS: Line-up looks good.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Having had nothing to add about the boat I've kept my mouth shut and watched, but wow, I didn't see that plot twist coming. Nice to see the Navy save Santa's bacon.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Didn't this exact scenario actually happen (bolter to fatal mishap, not Santa Clause getting help from a tailhooker) about 10 years ago in a T-45? My old boss was the senior Marine and went back for the funeral.

Something about a blown tire.

ProwlerPilot

pilot
Didn't this exact scenario actually happen (bolter to fatal mishap, not Santa Clause getting help from a tailhooker) about 10 years ago in a T-45? My old boss was the senior Marine and went back for the funeral.

Something about a blown tire.

Yes. Blown right main mount on cat shot. Ship decided to trap him. Boltered and on the go the drag from the right main mount yawed the aircraft to the right and as he went off the angle, the aircraft impacted the left side of the bow.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes. Blown right main mount on cat shot. Ship decided to trap him. Boltered and on the go the drag from the right main mount yawed the aircraft to the right and as he went off the angle, the aircraft impacted the left side of the bow.

Are you talking about Shakes' mishap? That was more like 13 or so years ago.