• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
squeeze said:
yep, the goshawk has a RUDIMENTARY CCIP system... rudimentary meaning that no one I've talked to has any idea how it actually calculates the impact point b/c the plane doesn't really "know where it is in the bombing triangle." ..... /more than 25 words

.......... no idea ..... why the idiot has his gear down on a bombing run at only 16 degrees)... very generic

Good job, thanks squeeze .... we also had a "rudimentary" system "boresight" mode in the A6E --a P-O-S --- the Grummies and the squadron heavies were touting it as the next best thing since sliced bread & Bosses' Night. The only problem was --- it didn't work. An A-4 / A-7 could outbomb it -- visual dive --- all day long --- emphasis on "day", of course. ;)

I could beat A-6E "boresight" any time/anywhere -- ironsight --- and I was the best boresight-guy in the wing/on the base, for a small space in time --- viz' name on the station theater bombing board (ah, so many smiles .... :) :) , so many "hero" stories, so little to brag about today, so much angst ... :icon_cryi ). The system was needed, just too little, too soon. And it DID know where the airplane was ..... didn't do any good.

Your graphic? Gear down? On a bombing run?? I believe it actually depicts an attempt at landing and if I was waving this STUD the grade would be:

WO HX HCDAW LURAW NEAIC-AR (see me -- after the others debrief)

It might be one of the games made by Janes. The best one would be "Fighters Anthology." I would advise every pilot and non-pilot to get it. It is the most realistic modern combat simulator ever to date. It was released in 1996, but people still play it now in 2005 (I think most of the players are real pilots.)

It came with a 300 (or 500?) page manual. You even learned flight physics and what each instrument panel meant, dogfighting techniques, etc. It was designed with military input and by a government (or civilian) research military organization named Jane's.

You also have wingmen you can control. They can fly in any formation, attack your target, etc. You have IR, Radar, RWR, all the modern US and foreign planes that exist, all the modern US and foreign aircraft that exist. Some planes have bays, some don't. There are AA and tanks defending bases. You have chaffe and flair. You can monitor your flight envelope or system status. You can eject, etc. You can land and take-off on different airports and air craft carriers. There are allied planes that are friendly, and some are unknown (enemy.) There are civilian planes flying around sometimes. The game has great AI and you can specify how smart you want the enemy and the wingmen to be.

If you can find it on eBay with the manual, it is WORTH IT! The manual itself is worth whatever you pay for it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
PAO said:
It might be one of the games....

Oh, God .... PAO Canuck is back, and it's aboot time, eh?

canuk7yw.png

And on a "real" thread, too ..... someone stop the madness.:eek:

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
You see, PAO has 37 pieces of flair Brett. Now, Brett, you only have the minimum 12 pieces of flair. Are you gonna go wearing the minimum?

Singer6

Konichiwa *****es
All the A model T-45 could use for CCIP was dive angle, mach, and G. It did not take into account wind, or last second corrections. If you ever watched it, the pipper would jump all around if you weren't smooth.

beau

brd2881 said:
You see, PAO has 37 pieces of flair Brett. Now, Brett, you only have the minimum 12 pieces of flair. Are you gonna go wearing the minimum?

You see people come to Airwarriors because of the atmosphere.....It's about fun! :icon_tong

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
beau said:
You see people come to Airwarriors because of the atmosphere.....It's about fun! :icon_tong
I've been far too busy generating TPS reports to be worrying about my God damned flair! :p

Brett

Flair: :icon_smil ;) :D :p :icon_mi_1 :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.