• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

First BI flight was so awesome, yet at times so over my head.....major hanging on the tail factor! My Comms Suck hardcore....at least trying to control the jet and talk....missed some calls....it was a blurr!! :eek: But overall my IP was happy saying they expect us to get behind....PAR...high all the way....Partial Panel ASR was descent. Nailed my Missed approaches! The sims really dont prepare you that well for everything!! that is for sure! I loved the power though! Real seat of the pants flying!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
beau said:
First BI flight was so awesome, yet at times so over my head........... Real seat of the pants flying!

Uh-oh .... seat of the pants flying and instruments ?!?!?!?!?! Kind of like filling your gas tank while smoking --- volatile combination.

Beau: but I'm kidding ... and I think I can appreciate your exhilaration --- just wait until the later stages. Congrats on your achievements and progress .... instruments will make you or break you --- unless things have changed in the last 30 years.

t45_5.jpg

(smiling all the way to minimums ..... :) :) )

Wolfpack02

Wingman
pilot
still the same, get the good grades in instruments and they will help carry you through the program. congrats on the first hop.

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
Congrats man. I still remember the "oh s***, where is this thing taking me" feeling when the IP gave me the controls after take off on BI-10. It only gets better.

beau

Pap said:
Congrats man. I still remember the "oh s***, where is this thing taking me" feeling when the IP gave me the controls after take off on BI-10. It only gets better.

ah it was the helmet fire cause by the radios....that was my demon anyway.....

Yeah Fly.....after tomorrow I'll be two events ahead of my class.....not sure how I feel about (become the gouge *****!). You 7 dudes must be on vacation or something.

beau

man, you can even say ***** on this site,...I mean come on ***** is not a really a bad word! Not like **** or ****! :) I guess this really is not a true Navy website after all......sending the wolf to clean up this site!!!

"****, you sending the wolf? Thats all you had to say!!!" :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
beau said:
Yeah Fly.....after tomorrow I'll be two events ahead of my class.....not sure how I feel about (become the gouge *****!). You 7 dudes must be on vacation or something.

That's because your squadron dumped all your Advanced guys on us :icon_tong

We'll be picking up the pace very quickly once we wing like half our damn squadron in the next couple months.

beau

oh, I'm not putting any money on my end date! Hell this is the Navy, things hardly ever stay the same for long.....friggin Sine Wave training!!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Question (or interrogative for you Boat School guys) :

Do you still fly/train in "GUNS" ??? i.e., the air-to-air "Gun Pattern" ??? The "Gun" syllabus .... ????

t2guns.jpg

I know, I know ... the T-2 A/B/C is GONE .... but the T-45???

MAHALO....

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nah... they ditched the gun syllabus in favor of a couple more Tacforms, ACMs, and a Weaps hop. I got to trunk a few gun flights before they went away and thought they were some of the best SA building flights I'd been on.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
squeeze said:
.....I got to trunk a few gun flights before they went away and thought they were some of the best SA building flights I'd been on.

Absolutely ... the Gun Pattern is where I stopped being a pilot and became an Aviator --- well said, squeeze .......

Jeff29

Science Project
A4sForever said:
Absolutely ... the Gun Pattern is where I stopped being a pilot and became an Aviator --- well said, squeeze .......
The Gun Pattern is where I thought "they must be absolutely crazy letting me do this by myself". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.