• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow, it's been 20 years!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Also the debut of the F-18D, F-15E and JSTARS. With the Strike Eagle and E-8 being rushed into service

I remember reading/hearing something about the Mud Hens being so laden down with ordnance/LGBs that the tires had issues. Could be BS, but who knows. I was in Kindergarden when it went down. Sorry old timers.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was on summer break when Iraq invaded Kuwait in August of 1990. I was 19 and a sophomore in college when the hostilities commenced. I remember it vividly.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
I was in 4th grade. I remember my dad being concerned with being drafted (if it started back up,) and what we'd do with the farm. Wow, twenty years. Good story, E2C Mech.

KBayDog

7th Grade.

The Phrog was old as hell back then, but it still got the job done.

"The more things change..."

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
Well this old guy was on his way to coach a bunch of 9-10 year old basketball players.

One on those players is now doing his thing in the sand:eek:

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I was a young E-4 stationed in DC, glued to the TV every night. At least, every night I was not out drinking heavily (so that would've been Monday and maybe Wednesday nights).

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was a young 56-yr. old, recently retired on disability from my civilian 2nd career in Phoenix, AZ. Therefore, I had lotsa time on my hands to watch Peter Arnett of CNN describe the invasion & liberation of Kuwait!:icon_boxi

A bit prior to the rise of FOX Cable News.
BzB

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
I was with VFC-12 at NAS Oceana. Saw the news on TV that evening and the next morning the traffic lined up to get through the main gate at NTU was atrocious due to the increased security. They were very concerned about terrorist attacks and were checking underneath every vehicle entering the base. The TV in the readyroom was tuned in to CNN non-stop everyday (no Fox News back then). We all knew people that were going in harms way. Since we were primarily a reserve adversary squadron flying A-4's, there was no chance of us being called up. Later in March, I was present at base ops when Lt. Wetzel and Lt. Zaun, the POW A-6 crew from VA-35, were flown back to NTU after their captivity. A very moving and emotional welcome-home ceremony.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was in 4th grade, and I ate up everything I could find on the jets in theater. 9 years old, and I already knew an F-15 from an F-14 from a MiG-29. Did I mention I've always been an airplane geek? :)

exhelodrvr

pilot
I was in 4th grade, and I ate up everything I could find on the jets in theater. 9 years old, and I already knew an F-15 from an F-14 from a MiG-29. Did I mention I've always been an airplane geek? :)

Hey, when A4S was 9 years old, he already knew the difference between a SPAD and a Sopwith Camel!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I was on the bridge of the TR conning the ship to launch and recover the strike aircraft - and totally pissed off that I wasn't flying the missions.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I talked my way into a few missions before it ended. I got a couple of rides with the EA-6B squadron over the beach when they only flew 1 guy in back and I played door gunner for the H-3 squadron during a couple of oil platform takedowns.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I was on the bridge of the TR conning the ship to launch and recover the strike aircraft - and totally pissed off that I wasn't flying the missions.

I was in one of the Prowler on the deck of the TR glad I was flying the missions and getting off the ship. :)