• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WOW - check out these wings:

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

yikes, I'm thinking I should take my Fly Navy/Naval Aviation plates off. Though i though when I bought them it wasent considered wings so it would not jinx me!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
All right. I fully agree that having wing memorabilia before getting wings is a no-no, and guaranteed to get s*^t from IPs. Let's not even start on personalized license plates with things like "gotafly." If I had found out whose car that was, he would've gotten a down just for gayness.

However, this weird pagan mysticism thing in this thread and the superstition thread is striking me as really weird. Yes, wings are important symbols, but they're also just pieces of anodized metal. As long as you don't walk around flashing them at people, take it easy. Your flesh may touch them before your winging without getting the evil eye. Put them on your bulletin board for moto, whatever, even pin them on in the provacy of your home. Just don't go tooling around town with them.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
VT-9's old skipper made every single student go out and buy a pair of wings and carry them with them at all times... he was pissed at a rash of 3 DUI's in one month. So a lot of guys had them on their key chain, or in their wallet. Bad juju, but I think most of us got winged.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I have them sitting on my desk where they motivate me. My other motivation is opening up the closet and looking at my SWO pin...gawd almighty, that thing scares me straight every time.

As far as throwing them out of the cockpit, the T-6 cockpit don't do too good when you open it in flight.

Now the wings that someone gave me at a hail and bail while I was waiting to hear if my lat xfer was approved...those got wrapped in a napkin and shoved in my glovebox right away. I think they were still there when I traded the car in.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
As far as throwing them out of the cockpit, the T-6 cockpit don't do too good when you open it in flight.
Ahh yes, I completely forgot you guys were flying the T-6 now down in P-cola. That's a sweet plane. EP's must be a breeze compared to the T-34.

Blown tire on takeoff roll............EJECT
Chip light................................EJECT
LAPL/HAPL..............................EJECT
Loss of comms.........................EJECT

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
beau said:
yikes, I'm thinking I should take my Fly Navy/Naval Aviation plates off......so it would not jinx me!

Aaahhhhh .... too late, Grasshopper. By the time you got around to "thinking" --- the mere "thought" has constituted the offense, instituted the "Curse", and soiled you for all eternity.

But if I understand correctly, you have a license plate "holder" with a "Fly Navy" message ??? No problem. That's a political/marketing/government "airline" statement .....

fly_navy_logo.gif
(p.s. this is German --- they even "Fly Navy" ....:)

B

Blutonski816

Steve Wilkins said:
Ahh yes, I completely forgot you guys were flying the T-6 now down in P-cola. That's a sweet plane. EP's must be a breeze compared to the T-34.

Blown tire on takeoff roll............EJECT
Chip light................................EJECT
LAPL/HAPL..............................EJECT
Loss of comms.........................EJECT

:smgreen_1

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed on the license plate frame. I had one after I selected, and took non-stop sh!t for it from my friends....

Status
Not open for further replies.