• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WOW - check out these wings:

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
wow, those are cool. Slightly outta my pay grade though. Maybe A4's can buy them for me, he seems nice!

I wouldn't know where to find vintage wings... Was your dad a naval aviator?

You know, i've never been into solid gold wings, too expensive. I don't much like jewelery to begin with. But to have a set of wings like these, that have history behind them, that would be cool and worth quite a price. Though i bet i could come up with the scratch to buy them, I think my wife would kill me.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
you know something..I have my grandfather's wings and he flew combat missions in WWII and Korea, and if they worth anywhere near that much...then im getting buried with them.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I have a set of solid gold wings a friend gave when I headed off to flight school. Very nice, but not $2K like tose other ones...maybe about $250 or so.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
I have a set of solid gold wings a friend gave when I headed off to flight school. Very nice, but not $2K like tose other ones...maybe about $250 or so.

Good Lord, I hope you haven't actually touched them. I'd be hesitant to even look at them. But then again I'm a superstitious pvssy. I even refused to look at my wings in the display case at the O-Club when I was in advanced.

What a weirdo. Me, I mean.

Pretty nice gesture by your friend Road...

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
never touched, owned or had stickers on the car of wings until I got winged (and I still will not put anything on my car). Part was superstition, the other part was that the guys who had the license plates and wings on their back packs were tools!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
I completely missed this post. Dude, ditch em. I think the only true way to rid the curse is to get rid of them while you're flying. Next time you're up, you've got to open up the canopy and drop em into the drink (with the IP's permission of course...tell him why, and I'm sure he'll ablige).

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I refuse to touch anything with wings until I get mine (hopefully). Nothing wrong with being superstitous about that at all. A friend of mine in college had a pair of wings on his bag and he's now an NFO select, the curse got him.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Curse won't actually take affect until after you've been selected and are in flight school. Your freind's selection as an NFO vice Pilot is something altogether different. Now, unless he does something drastic to rid of the curse....real NFO wings are not in his future.

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
Guy at our unit had a bag with wings on them that he picked up at the exchange the day before his flight phys...he NPQed for for flight the next day.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
i'm not very superstitious but during the winging ceremony they suggested you take a set of wings and put "starter holes" into your uniform to make it easier on your parents/spouse when they pin it on... i couldn't do this for some reason... just seemed wrong to put wings on your uniform before you got them.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait til you're overseas. I got a pair of solid gold wings in Dubai for $150. Made from a cast of a set of wings you'd buy at the NEX. Filled, not hollow back either.

r/
G

Status
Not open for further replies.