• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Would I still need Lasik?

Hey everyone,

I am a bit confused regarding the LASIK process... I can see 20/40 uncorrected, and 20/20 corrected, but according to the naval aeromedical guide my farsightedness correction can't be over a TOTAL of +3.00 diopters (I'm 3.25) combined both eyes
Does that mean I would need corrective surgery?
Also, I am currently applying to Marine OCS Juniors next summer, am I allowed to get lasik between juniors and seniors? Has anyone been through a similar process/timeline?
Thanks so much

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone,

I am a bit confused regarding the LASIK process... I can see 20/40 uncorrected, and 20/20 corrected, but according to the naval aeromedical guide my farsightedness correction can't be over a TOTAL of +3.00 diopters (I'm 3.25) combined both eyes
Does that mean I would need corrective surgery?
Also, I am currently applying to Marine OCS Juniors next summer, am I allowed to get lasik between juniors and seniors? Has anyone been through a similar process/timeline?
Thanks so much

What did your recruiter tell you?