• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worth Wild?

BlkPny

pilot
Take it from a parent. Go away. GO FAR AWAY. They want to get rid of you. They have already measured for the mirrors on the bedroom ceiling, and have set up the locksmith to re-key the house 20 minutes after you leave.

MasterBates

Defininitley reccomend takign a look at going greek (fraternities) if you go to a school with them.

I went to school and did not know anything about fraternites, but with an open mind. Ended up rushing and pledging my Sophomore year. Best decision I made in college.

Move away and have fun! Hey, you could come to Auburn. It's such a small town with such a big college that the hotels are always full so your parents couldn't even come and visit. And the girls are amazing here. 58% girls 42% guys, nothing beats southern bells.

kejo

pilot
as soon as i turned 18 something clicked inside that would only allow me to handle my parents in small doses...i love em to death but by the time you're "on your own" you really don't want to be dealing with mommy and daddy (or daddy and daddy, if you're my roommate, who hopefully reads this at some point) except maybe 9 or 10 days out of the year...unless you need money :D

Renegade One

None
Yeah i've never been out west or anything and I applied to the school because I heard they have a ROTC program and its a good school. I want to go and visit the city this summer and look around the campus and see how I like the school and the weather they have.

Trust me, getting a bit away from home and going to an out-of-state University is a big part of just plain growing up. You'll find that going home for Christmas probably remains worthwhile all four years, but you'll find so many other things to do and other places to go on "other holidays" that you won't think twice. You didn't mention which schools in CA you were interested in, but the University of San Diego has the local NROTC unit that services USD, UCSD and SDSU, so I think all of the local San Diego universities have the NROTC option available for you. We don't call it "America's Finest City" for nothing!
All the best, Spike