• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worst Pre-TBS civilian jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Wrecks are fun... House fires are better... but how can you ever think that humping an indian tank up a mountain is fun?!?!?!?!?!

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
VetteMuscle427 said:
Wrecks are fun... House fires are better... but how can you ever think that humping an indian tank up a mountain is fun?!?!?!?!?!

I'm glad I never had to deal with a structure fire. Yeah, the wrecks were rewarding, (always nice saving someone) but when you're peeling out bodies, thats not cool. A bud of mine responded to a wreck at night, where two 16 year old girls hit a 2000 lb angus bull on the highway. It went through the windshield and killed the driver instantly, it veered off the road and jumped the railroad tracks that paralleled the highway. A train conductor saw the car jump the tracks and called it in. Well my bud responded with the rescue truck and cut out the driver with the 'jaws' and a mangled mess fell out right at his feet. He turned in his gear the next day, and took him a while to get over it. I don't blame him, like I said, that was my only fear was working on hurt kids.

Anyway, I grew up in the Mtns, walking up and down them with a bladder was no problem and it was always fun putting out fires. Who knows, maybe I'm just a wierdo...lol

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Never really bothered me seeing the bodies... Only children. I am still volunteering at my station. Our first due cover a major portion of the city <2nd biggest city in MD> and the intersection of 2 major highways. I've only been on a few mountain fires and they were lots of humping and lots of digging.

Jester

pilot
I got to work at a sheet metal shop before reporting to TBS. It was pretty cool because I got to work with a bunch of ex-cons out in the shop with lots of sharp objects and hazardous chemicals.

KBayDog

Killer2 said:
What do you really do in Mike Co. Isn't that for gimps and those who are waiting to class up?

Yes it is, but believe you me, you can - and WILL - do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING assigned to you. (Anyone for bringing old mattresses to the dump? For monitoring PFTs? For standing duty 24/7?)

Unless you are at Mike Co. for IFS, you are in the "Milton Bradley" company...

WTFover

Arctic Alpha
Worst Pre-TBS Civilian job

Well, currently I work for a landscaping company. It's kinda cool, I get to to work outside, get a tan, sorta, and shovel dirt and move stone blocks all damn day. I got this job only because there is nothing else out there, I applied to 10 or 15 other places that didn't suck so bad before I landed this beauty. "Hey LT what'd you do before you shipped to TBS", "I shoveled dirt for a few months, and got nothing out of it"

Taxman2A

War were declared.
heh... shoveling dirt is great practice for TBS! Since your alpha, see if you can't get any work moving frozen dirt.

I was in Columbus this time last year in your shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.